Grandeur Info needed.....

butnzb

I am curious if the dent from last years mishap has been fixed. I am taking my DM on her first cruise (she is very excited but also nervous). I can only imagine what she will say if she should happen to see a huge dent and/or patched spot on the hull of the ship :eek: .

Also, has anyone been in GS 8508. Does this ship have new bedding?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

We were on the Grandeur over Christmas and I didn't see the dent until I was looking at pictures of the ship but it is still there. It also the same side you tender from, so more than likely if your looking at the ship, you will see it.

I am curious if the dent from last years mishap has been fixed. I am taking my DM on her first cruise (she is very excited but also nervous). I can only imagine what she will say if she should happen to see a huge dent and/or patched spot on the hull of the ship :eek: .

Also, has anyone been in GS 8508. Does this ship have new bedding?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!! :)

There are no plans to fix the dent until the Grandeur goes in for its next drydock.

We sailed her sister, Legend, out of Tampa in December, and the dent was clearly visible on Grandeur as we sailed away. If memory serves, it was Starboard side, and this was the side facing the water, so you wouldn't have seen it getting on. By the time she sees it when the ship is in port, it will be too late! :)

She got the dent crashing into the pier at Costa Maya. I was on that cruise. Turned out to be a good thing because we got to stay in Costa Maya for 3 extra days (our own private paradise). Plus we got shipboard credit and free internet to boot!

The pier at costa maya sticks out from the shore about 3500 feet with no wave/wind protection from either side.

I have been on a few ships that they have had to make a few attemtps at docking due to currents, so i understand how it could have happened. According to Capt. Teo on the Rhapsody in October it is a tricky port to navigate. (we went to Costa Maya instead of Cozumel due to Wilma just happening)

As far as the Dent goes, I have heard rumors that in 2007 they are going to stretch the ship to be like the Enchantment, at that time they will fix it... Anyone else hear this rumor?

As far as the Dent goes, I have heard rumors that in 2007 they are going to stretch the ship to be like the Enchantment, at that time they will fix it... Anyone else hear this rumor?

There are conflicting rumors as to when (and if) the Grandeur will be stretched. I've heard the 2007 rumor that you're referring to, and I've also heard the rumor that the stretch will happen in November 2006 before the ship returns to New Orleans in December. RCCL is supposedly debating the timing of the stretch right now and should make an announcement in the next couple of months. If they decide to do it this year some sailings in October and all of November's sailings will have to be cancelled. Stay tuned!

We will be fine as long as she doesn't see it when we first board. I can only imagine her expression and comments when she does see it :eek: . I am trying to decide whether or not to tell her, right now I am leaning towards "not" for now :D .

I have heard too that the ship will be streched in its drydock hopefully though there will be no cancelled cruises, I would really be ticked if mine were cancelled ( I'll take the dent).

Good lord man, I'm up for adoption if you'll take me on all your cruises! LOL. I want to be on a cruise every month or 6 weeks. Enjoy all your cruises.

Wraithe

Me too!!!! You wouldn't happen to need a travel buddy would ya!!

we sailed her from New Orleans the cruise after the dent, and will be on her again in March. There is no way in the world that she would be allowed to sail were she not fully seaworthy! It's purely a cosmetic issue at this point and I dare say would go pretty much unnoticed at this point were it not for all they hype.

ENJOY your trip...cruising's the best there is!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any info on the Grand Suite on the Grandeur, what kind of shape is the ship in? It seems like it has been awhile since drydocked or if any refurb. has been done. Is the bedding new?

As far as the grand suite what kind of amenities are there and is it as roomy as it looks? Any info would be appreciated.

Archived