Diving in Bermuda

spot on the map

Hi,

To make a long suggestion short... :) Blue Water Divers is the largest and best dive operator on the island. I dove with their Elbow Beach shop which is a quick taxi drive out of Hamilton, the capital and I'm sure a cruise stop on your trip. They also have a shop on the western side of the island near the naval yard which I believe most cruise ships stop at as well. I'm not aware of any dive shops in Georgetown but to be honest, it's a small island and you can pretty much get to any of their locations no matter where you stop over (http://www.divebermuda.com/).

Randall

P.S. as usual, I'm not associated with the dive shop, just liked it

• 2 weeks later...

Bermuda is beautiful for ships & Coral Reef diving.

I lived there for 3 years and tried to dive everyday. Depending on where you will be there are at least 100 options for a great dive. Well maybe not 100 but Bermuda is a divers paradise. Blue Hole is good and if you do end up in St. George go to the Grotto Bay Hotel. They run boats out of there. Blue Hole operates out of there as does Triangle. If you are experienced and bringing your own gear I can tell you that you should also try a beach dive off NASA point. I believe you can still drive to the point where NASA has a tracking station and just get in, kick out till you see the reef and go down there is plenty to see right there with out ever losing sight of shore. YOu don't need to go more than 50ft down in any spot. You should do a internet look-up you will find tons of info I'm sure. No shady dive companies come to mind really it is a huge business there and most have been diving themselves since childhood.

Wish I could go :cool:

Archived