kids getting free soda in dining room?

My daughter is 8 and we were just on the miracle and we had to order soda from the bar service that walks around the dining room...

they do have milk ( white & chocolate ) iced tea, lemonade, and fruit punch in the dining room for children.

But definatley not soda.

:)

I remember reading another thread that said that some waiters knew that kids could get soda for free and others didn't.

I have read that on here as well. If your waiter doesn't know, you can speak with the dining room head waiter or the Maitre d'. Either of them will be able to get your child his 'free' soft drink.:)

We sailed on the Fascination in 2004 & the kids under 12 received free soft drinks in the dining room. On the Holiday in 2005 we were surprised to be presented with a bar bill. The Maitra'd came over and said the policy had changed and soft drinks were no longer free in the dining room. Check before ordering because since Carnival doesn't cover this on their web-site, it may vary by ship.

My daughter is 8 and we were just on the miracle and we had to order soda from the bar service that walks around the dining room...

they do have milk ( white & chocolate ) iced tea' date=' lemonade, and fruit punch in the dining room for children.

But definatley not soda.

:)[/quote']

Yes, the soft drinks DO have to come from the bar service waiters in the dining room. Your waiter can't just get it from the kitchen....

We sailed on the Fascination in 2004 & the kids under 12 received free soft drinks in the dining room. On the Holiday in 2005 we were surprised to be presented with a bar bill. The Maitra'd came over and said the policy had changed and soft drinks were no longer free in the dining room.

I am one parent who would be delighted if they did make that change. Even when it is very clear that a free soda comes with a kids meal at a restaurant, I don't let my children have it. They used to fill up on the sugary stuff before the dinner came, and not eat as much real food as they should, so we have had to stick to water with meals.

But of course I am the mean mommy if they know it is their "right."

Hi all,

I was on the Paradise 7-4-05 for the 5 day cruise and we where told that are Kids she 8 he 9 get comp. Drinks(in Dining Room). But it really didn't as we had already Purchased 2 drink cars for them anyways.

Well me Personally doesn't understand why people don't buy drink cards for the siblings:confused: Me and wife didn't buy drink cards for us, So when we needed a soda we would just the kids to get us a soda, I love my Kids.

Cotton,

The children at my table were 3,7,9, and 12 years old

I asked on the first night because on the Disney ships the children did get soda when in the dining room. My kids are not big soda drinkers they were fine with what was offered.

Lynn

Since crew changes all the times on a ship-- if your bar waiter says no to no soda for kids under 12-- thats age 11 and under. ask to speak to the Matre D.

if he says no== ask how come its allowed on other carnival sips and not others.

Serene, I mentioned that above, but obviously people don't go up the chain of command like you and I do.:D

If the bar waiter says no, then ask your regular waiter. If he says no, ask the dining room Head Waiter. If he says no, go directly to the Maitre d'.

I have a question, not pertaining to kids getting free soda..but it involves kids. Do babies get on free or do they need a ticket for the cruise?? Any info would be greatly appreciated..

Joe, infants on Carnival ships are charged full fare (well in all practical terms 3r/4th person rate but it is the same rate anyone would be charged).

Archived