International Calling Card

Babcie3

Most of the calling cards you buy in the US will not work outside the US. Your better bet is to ask your room steward or waiter where to make phone calls from and they can tell you the cheap places to make phone calls.

We've bought calling cards at Costco/Sam's Club in the past and have been able to use them in Europe. I think that you just have to check the fine print on the back. It just uses minutes faster than using the cards in the US.

We've bought calling cards at Costco/Sam's Club in the past and have been able to use them in Europe. I think that you just have to check the fine print on the back. It just uses minutes faster than using the cards in the US.

Agree with Jules..We usually purchase A.T.& T. International Calling CXards at Cosgo, & or Sam's..

I have an AT&T card from Sam's. I call the 800# to get the calling # from the country I'm calling from to access the card.

Yes, you do use the minutes at an alarming rate and it is tough to find a phone that will take the card. I have never found one in any port area that took the card - sometimes you can find a tourism booth with someone who knows about all this.

I did ask the crew but they needed cards that call Asia- hope they know the ones for the US.

Good luck, Mar

I purchased a telephone calling card once I got off the ship in Nassau at a cell phone store. It ended up costing about .50 a minute to call the U.S. but hey, that is far cheaper than the ship's charges. Make your calls brief and it should not cost you too much in the Bahamas.

We were on the Veendam last Nov. for 2 weeks. We could not find a place that we could use a calling card. They all needed a credit card. I made 2 short calls to check on my dog and what a surprise when I found out they charged $36 for each call. We will use E Mail next time.

Kate & Buck

Archived