Weater in Caymans February 11-18

Diva Onboard

We are sailing on the Legend and will stop in Cayman on February 13.

I have been monitoring the weather and for the past few weeks and in the upcoming ten day forecast, it predicts rain, rain, rain.

Anyone out there with more information about a "sunny" forecast?

We were in GC for a week in January. According to the weather report on the Internet, rain was in the forecast each and every day. Having been there before, we knew that rain in the forecast, does not mean it will rain cats and dogs (like it does where I live).

Usually, it was clear and sunny all morning, then the clouds blew in, and I think it sprinkled on us once, but that felt good...it's warm in GC and it cooled us off. It did rain one night, but I'm not sure how long, I just know I heard it against our window. There we also several days that it didn't cloud up at all.

From my experiences, I'd say don't worry. It may cloud up, and it may sprinkle, but it will blow over. The weather reminds me a lot of the weather in the Colorado mountains. I remember every afternoon it would rain around 3:00 or so, and then it would blow over.

I was also concerned the first time we were there, and rain was expected every day.

That's the right idea. Usually, if it rains, it is brief but intense.

However, February is one of the normally drier months. Don't worry about it.

The next few days (Sun Feb 5 & Mon 6) you'll notice a stormy forecast due to a front dropping down out of the Gulf of Mexico. That happenes sometimes, and can bring one of those rare grey skies days to Cayman.

Don't drive yourself nuts worrying about the weather. Check forecasts for your ports a day or two before you leave. At this point, it's too far in advance to predict with any certainty.

Archived