Skagway excursion question for Yukon

stampincruiser

Was wondering if anyone has done excursions with either Frontier Excursions or Chilkoot Charters and Tours. I would like to know if one is better than the other, or are they about the same? I am looking at the Yukon Discovery Tour that they both advertise. There is not much difference in the price between the two, and was just wondering which company would be the best to book with. We cant rent a car and do the trip ourselfs because we are from Canada. Any information would be helpful. Thanks

Two years ago, I would have said that Frointier is more likely to do the best tour, because of the staff training they had. They've expanded greatly the past year or so, though, and my impression is that their training is no better than anyone else's anymore. The summary of that is that Frontier and Chilkoot both have excellent reputations, and it'll be a great trip with either one.

Murray

Thanks Yukon for your quick reply. I can tell from reading the boards that you get asked a lot of questions. Im glad there is a place that we first timers can go to so that we can get help in planning our trips to Alaska. I have learned alot from just reading these boards. Thanks again and when i need some more information i will be asking for your help again.

Archived