cavetubing.com

carol/deb

We sailed the Valor !/22-29/06 and had reservations to cave tube. On board they announced that it was cancelled due to high water in the caves. We also asked once on land. Thinking that ours was also cancelled we didn't show up. Later we came upon the cavetubin.com company. They had waited on us and it was still ' a go'. They very nicely explained that they have more guides than the carnival tours and can still go through the caves. To my understanding, when it is a certain depth, more guides are needed per so many people. Cavetubing.com already has the extra guides in place and can do the excersion. I felt really bad, as we had made reservations with them and really wanted to go. They were very nice about it, and we will definately look them up if we go to Belize again!

We used cavetubing last summer. All cavetubing was cancelled due to previous heavy rains. We decided to tender in anyway, and see if Yhony could just take us on a city tour. We found him, and he had a call into the park seeing if it would open. It did open, and we were the only people in the park, and on the river! The 1 1/2 hour tube ride took 25 minutes!

I don't think they were being honest with you about you being able to cave tube. They would have waited for you to take you on an alternate tour. I was on the Miracle the week of 1/22 and we were at Belize the same day the Valor was. ALL cave tubing tours were cancelled because the caves were flooded and were closed. We had a tour booked with X-Stream Cave Tubing and had to do an alternate tour instead of the cave tubing. We talked to several different tour guides standing around (too see if there was something better to do than the alternate tours w/ X-Stream)and ALL said that the caves were closed due to flooding. If who you had booked with was planning on taking you then it was defintely not safe. We ended up doing a tour of ruins.

Archived