Camp Carnival

carnicrew

I haven't read thru all the posts, so maybe this has been answered, but what if you don't want your kid to spend their time watching TV or playing PlayStation / GameCube / whatever? Can a parent restrict that for their child?

Also, what are the age ranges? On our last cruise, our then-4-year old and 3-year old twins were in the same group. This time, we'll have a 6-year-old, twin 4-year olds and a 10-year old (he didn't get to come last time).

• 1 month later...

WOW What a thread....took me over 2 hours to read and Im a speed reader...my eyes are burning yet I still feel the need to say thanks for answering all those questions so quickly, Wish I would have been back here once again to join in the convo......Happy Sailings All!!

I think camp carnival is a wonderful thing, it gives the kids something productive to do. Without it who knows you may have kids aimlessly wandering up onto the F deck! :p

ok--what is the "F" deck??:confused: i read the other day a post someone said the same thing!!! so just wondering what i am missing??? very curious!!:)

rebecca

ok--what is the "F" deck??:confused: i read the other day a post someone said the same thing!!! so just wondering what i am missing??? very curious!!:)

rebecca

It's the funnel deck....the adult, tops optional deck :D :D

Thank you for taking time to answer our questions.

We're going to take our son with us. He will turn 22 months old during the cruise. Is he close enough to 2 years old that he might be able to integrate Camp Carnival?

Should we bring toys with us or do you have toys we can use?

Can we bring our own stroller and leave it in our room?

• 1 month later...

No, your older son will NOT be able to sign out your younger one. Only the parent that signed the older one in.

We will be on the Glory June 10. My kids are 14 and 2 weeks shy of 7, so the younger ones might be playing together. My oldest and I were on the Holiday last year, and she loved it. She was able to sign in and out at will and had a great time.

I'm not CarniCrew (she's on board the Spirit now I think)..but I was on the Triumph the week of April 15th. The kids had the wristbands with the muster station on them and the same instructions - the counselors would bring the kids to their muster stations and you would meet them there.

The Triumph had a kids' dinner every night (except the 1st and last) at 5:45. I believe it was in the South Beach Restaurant (my husband usually dropped off our 6yr old). By the way, ALL week all we heard (us and another family we travelled with) was "when can we go back to the kids club???? Is it time to go to the kids club yet????"

By the way..make sure you go to the Family even of painting t-shirts and on the last day! There might be a surprise for the kids!

We have just booked the Triumph for 12/2/06. Can you tell me about the safety procedures? We just sailed the Legend OTS (RCCL) with our 7-yr old son, and they required all children to wear a wristband with their muster station listed on it, and if they were in Adventure Ocean at the time of an emergency, they would be taken by the counselors to their muster station. We adults were advised to meet our children AT THE MUSTER STATION rather than go looking for the children. Does Camp Carnival do something similar?

Also, does the staff do any sort of "Dining with the Counselors"? We used this service aboard RCCL, and our son found it to be great fun, especially on nights he just didn't want to dine with us in the dining room.

Bless you one and all for providing such a valuable service to our children. It's a great reassurance knowing that the kids are so well cared-for. I know they have a ball. :)

Your daughter sounds really sweet...........

carnicrew: Camp carnival is an Excellent program and this is one of the main reason why our family is sticking with Carnival. Our family 1st cruise was in Nov 05. We have 3 boys, one with special needs. I was very nervous about going on a cruise with my son and how the staff and other kids would react with my son. I did contact the supervisors of camp carnival before we sail, because I did not see anything posted about kids with special needs in Camp Carnival. Their response " No problem" The staff were excellent and they welcome our kids with open arms. Marisol ( I hope I sp her name correct) was the director of camp carnival at the time. She was great!!! This was the first time that my hubby and I was able to spend time together in the last couple of years!!We are in the process of booking another cruise with a group of family and some wanted to try a different cruise line but I refuse. So we all will sail on the Valor this year! I will just like to say Thank-you so much for helping all the parents on this board with all of our questions and concerns.

soocruise: words of comfort, your daughter is going to be fine. My son is a BIG HUGGER also, very luvable, and non-verbal at the tiime. The director of camp carnival personally attended to my son and made sure he was comfortable. He is 9 years old and he had a ball. When it was time to pick the kids up , they cried. The pager is such a great ideal that they will give you in case of an emergency. When the staff say "no problem" they really mean it. They will do everything possible to please you and your kids! Have a great cruise!

Hey,

I'll be traveling with two 7 year olds and a 9 (will turn 10 on the cruise) year old. Is there any chance that they could be in the same group? I think the two 7 year olds would be fine but I hate to send the 9 year old off by himself.

Dishie

My family was on Conquest 5-14 to the 21st and my son and neices loved going to Camp Carnival! Every day as soon as my son woke up he was asking what they were doing and can he go... he had a blast and I am so glad Carnival had a kids program like that!

thank you!

Do you guys make tons of money and don't need to be tipped? Or do tips make up a majority of your salary?

Granted, I know you make more than the waitstaff and the room stewards, but you do kind of rely on tips, don't you?

I don't get this? Is this a post that should be on another thread??:rolleyes:

I don't get this? Is this a post that should be on another thread??:rolleyes:

Did you read this thread?? It has largely revolved around a camp carnival crew member... who was answering questions prior to being back on the ship... so I think the poster meant to put it here :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived