RCI booked air

I just used RCI for their air program, and they use and will quote the least expensive they can find from point A to B. However, you can request a named line, and they will quote that as well. I asked for a price on Virgin Atlantic, London to Miami, and it was only $60.00 more PP than the least expensive airline.

Rick

Does RCI use a certain airline? Just curious. We booked air and pre-cruise hotel thru them and we know where we are staying but just curious what airline we would be using.

When I booked thru RCL,they had me on US Airways going out and Delta coming back. Another couple leaving from my same city was on Delta coming down and United going back, so no, I don't think they use any specific airline.

They use whatever airline they can purchase bulk seats at the best price for them. Several times we've flown down on one carrier and home on another. We've also flown down to FLL and back out of MIA. Depends on what they purchase ahead of time.

The price of cruise airfare is usually priced higher, but it includes transfers to and from the airport to the pier. Sometimes, they run specials with lower priced air for certain cabins.

2 years ago we got round trip air for $199 to San Juan with a balcony room. It was cheaper to get the balcony room than oceanview or inside because of the special they were running on airfare. The next year we paid over $500pp for just the airfare to San Juan from the cruise line. Have to look around. Some times you get deals, other times you pay a lot more.

I had my air booked with RCI. I booked it a year in advance. Had I kept the booking, it would have been cheaper. But when I called to check on their flight plans for me they had a curious concept that I wouldn't mind a pre-6 a.m. flight out of Cleveland to New York, followed by a three hour layover before boarding a plane for Miami. I can't begin to imagine who I dislike enough to ask them to take me to the airport at 4 a.m.

I canceled the air part of the cruise deal and booked direct flights myself. It's well worth the extra money to me. They have certainly booked better arrangements for me before. (So much for "free custom air" for platinum C&A).

I canceled the air part of the cruise deal and booked direct flights myself. It's well worth the extra money to me. They have certainly booked better arrangements for me before. (So much for "free custom air" for platinum C&A).

Custom air is when you call and ask for specific flights. Did you bother to call and do this? I've called custom air for both my upcoming cruises and have exactly the flights I wanted, at much less than I would've paid on my own, at least from my area. But you have to call the Custom Air department and request your flights. Even if you are Platinum C&A you can't just assume they will put you on good flights by booking cruise air alone. You have to request the custom air flights.

We were set for Delta going down to MIA and Continental coming back. Delta messed us up real bad, switched us to American and we mised the ship in Miami. But RCL saved the day and took care of us so we met our ship in San Juan when it arrived. You are in the best position when you let RCL book the flight because if any issue comes up, they will definitely take care of you and do their utmost to make sure you get to the ship where possible. By the way, I found the Continental servic the best and I have always been an American Airlines fan as well as a former employee.

Custom air is when you call and ask for specific flights. Did you bother to call and do this? I've called custom air for both my upcoming cruises and have exactly the flights I wanted, at much less than I would've paid on my own, at least from my area. But you have to call the Custom Air department and request your flights. Even if you are Platinum C&A you can't just assume they will put you on good flights by booking cruise air alone. You have to request the custom air flights.

Yep. As a matter of fact, I did "bother" to do that. I had a number of possible flights I would have accepted. All of them either directs or non-stops out of Cleveland to either FLL or MIA. I was logged into the Continental website and was even able to check and see that the flights in question had plenty of availability. I was advised those flights weren't an option. And I was 90 days pre-cruise at that point. I can't imagine they needed more time than that ... or am I mistaken?

I've thought about "custom air" but was told I not only would be paying the extra $50pp but the airfare may be more. So what's the point? Anyone have that experience? In that case it seems better to book independently. How bad are the flight schedules booked thru RCI in bulk? TA says some good, some bad. Can't imagine 12 hr. days/nites after already being @ the original airport for 2 hrs!

as we cruise 5/14 & we have had our air since January. My TA emailed me the schedule which ads for me to phone the airlines to get my seas in advance.

quote=lilyfrog73]Does RCI use a certain airline? Just curious. We booked air and pre-cruise hotel thru them and we know where we are staying but just curious what airline we would be using.

I would book your own air and fly down the night before and spend the night at a hotel. Most of the time, this costs less money. Also, you won't have to get up at 4am to catch a 6am flight. You will be dead tired the first day of your cruise. Another couple that was with us at dinner got up at 3am to catch thier flight and they looked like they were about to fall asleep at the dinner table. One girl was dozing off...

[inside passage/Atl-Vancouver.] We've booked the hotel pre-cruise, air & transfer pkg so will have a nite to sleep before sailing. Still hoping it won't be a 14-15 hr. day flying in. Also would like to see a little of Vancouver! I've read a lot about returns not being until 11pm so we can see Vancouver that day but not looking forward to that red eye home. There is a place to leave your luggage @ the airport for the day, I hope? Friends took the NB and their luggage was dropped all in a mess on the street instead of port conveyor belts & they had to take turns @ the airport staying awake to watch it. Couldn't even ck. it in til almost time for their red eye flight. That was Anchorage & Carnival tho. A nightmare! Our TA & RCI say flights won't be set until 30 days out. A little late to hunt for bargains. I refuse to let this ruin my anticipation or cruise but sure hope it works out for our comfort zone!

I have the same concern..we are Dallas to Vancouver...I'm not confortable booking 'out of the country flight and taransfers my self..too many variables. So RCI is in carge...wondering what time we will get in to Vancouver tho...'departure' time for the cruise is 5pm...how close will they cut it?:confused: I don't want to be the last ones on the ship.

Archived