Booked a private excursion for Zip Line and LOVED it

SDCruiser2

Hi,

We just got back from a week on the Grand Princess and we loved the change of itinerary since it left us with extra time in Belize, otherwise I would have been a little nervous getting back to the ship on time.

We went with Mark at (mark mc field <mailto:markmcf@btl.net>). He was incredible and we enjoyed our time. We met him right off the tender in Belize and since he can take 10, we filled his van and headed off to the Jaguar Paw Resort that has the zip line. It was fantastic, first Mark stopped and bought us all a water or a pop and then we headed off on the 1 hour 10 min ride to the zip line. It was fascinating driving through the country and city seeing the life style of Belize, and Mark was a very good tour guide. I was suprised that he said that there are many orphanages in Belize, ( I wish I would have come prepared, I would have taken something to the Orphans), The Men come to Belize, get the women pregnant and then take off and never come back, the moms cannot take care of their children and are therefore in the orphanages. How sad.

It is a very poor countryside that we drove through. A little interesting to see the armed Federalli(if that is what you call them) with their automatic weapons at the check in gates.

We were the first ones to arrive at Jaguar Paw (THANKS MARK) and had a private tour. It was a blast. When we got done as we were repelling down the busses started coming and there must have been more than 400 people there then at that time. At least 10 busses. We heard one guide tell one of the tourist that it would be about a 1 hour wait. There are no animals around the zip line, so don't do the tour to see the wild life, but do it to experience the thrill of zipping. The cost of the resort on your own is $45.00, but I would never want to try and navigate there by myself. It was very reassuring to go with Mark and know that he would take care of us. He is liscensed and very accomadating.

I would do the tour again but never with out my own private excursion. We had more than enough time but chose not to enjoy the lunch offered and the extra side trips that Mark offered, so that we could head back to port and do some shopping and lunch on our own. Even with out the itinerary change that we had, we would have had no problem getting back to the ship on time. We had 1 1/2 hour to spare at even the old (short) itinerary.

If you want to experience the zip line I would recommend Mark and make up your own mind on the extras that he has to offer. We were thrilled with or time there.

I would shop around in Belize and enjoy, but just be aware of what is going on around you and use the buddy system if you have children.

sue

Archived