Holiday Inn Sunspree in Galveston VS. Super 8 in League City??

eangel12

My husband and I are leaving on 3/04 from Galveston, Texas on Princess. We looked for a reasonably priced hotel in Galveston that would be reasonably priced. We could not find one. We finally decided to look elsewhere considering we are renting a car from Enterprise and can drive ourselves. We looked at the Super 8 in League City and got a quote of $49.00 for the night. I read one review on Super 8 and it said the hotel was clean, but had a "weird smell". I then went on to the Holiday Inn site and found a room at the Sunspree for $129.00. Now we are in limbo as to which we should stay at. We aren't picky..we just want a CLEAN room!!

So, opinions? Has anyone stayed in League City at the Super 8??

Thanks in advance!!

You are really looking at two different products. The Holiday is new looking out at the Gulf on the Seawall. There is a lot to see and do on the Island that you won't get in League City.

Gaido's is moderate and next to about the best Restaurant in Galveston. http://www.galveston.com/gaidos/

This might give you more choices.

http://www.galveston.com/

We are arriving at the airport in Houston at 6:30pm, we will then be visiting my cousin who lives in the area, getting something to eat and then heading to the hotel. To be honest, it is literally just a place to sleep. My husband is leaning more towards the Sunspree, but for the extra $100, I wonder if it is worth it. The $49.00 for Super 8 includes all of the taxes, etc but the Sunspree will end up being close to $150 with the taxes and all. I was hoping someone had a PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with Super 8 in League City.

We looked into Gaido's...

Archived