Scuba at G Cayman & Coz with beach

cwc9001

I dive with my son and am looking for a Place in Grand Cayman and Cozumel where all of our family can travel to that has a beach and facilities etc. where my wife and daughter can stay at the beach while my son and I go dive so my wife and daughter arent traveling in a cab by themselves. Thanks

If you are thinking that safety is an issue in not wanting your DW and DD in a cab by themselves, you can rest assured that they would be very safe in both Grand Cayman and Cozumel, especially Cozumel.

If you are trying to be frugal, like I would be, then you want to go to Playa Palancar beach club in Cozumel. Dalila divers is the on-site dive operator who does both snorkel trips and dive trips. The beach club is nice and usually quiet and uncrowded. MMmmm good fish tacos.

Can't really help you with a beach and diving combo in GCM. There is good shore diving, but it isn't near a sandy beach. Sunset House has an on-site dive shop, a good shore dive and I think they'd let your DW and DD hang out while you did your dive. You can walk there from where the tenders dock in Georgetown. The closer shore dive/snorkel site is Eden Rock, but there is no beach there once-so-ever.

edenrockmap.jpg

A better shore dive is at the http://www.divetech.com turtle farm site, but you would have to take a taxi there.

You might also consider http://www.neptunesdivers.com They usually pick up their customers from one of the public spots on 7 mile beach. You all could take a taxi there and the girls could wait there while you boys did your dives.

Hope this helps,

Bruce

Archived