Beach towels?

redheadx3

The beach towels for private island excursions are regular bath towels. You have so many to your room and if you don't bring them back you will be charged, I believe, $25. :eek: They are not worth it but at least everyone remembers to bring them back.

The last thing I would want to bring home from any vacation is a potentially wet and/or sandy towel, especially if the cruiselines provides it to you.

Their towels are large, thick and, best of all, you don't have to pack it or wash it.

I would never ever consider bringing my own!

Take one of those "Neat Sheets" a thin sheet that has weights at the corners to keep it still. Then lay your "boat" towel on top. This way your towel stays free of sand. Nothing like a wet sandy towel to wrap yourself in!

The sheet works great to just sit on too; wrap wet stuff in and toss into your bag to carry back onboard!

I too pass on bringing my own towels. Would much rather drop off a "ugly" towel in a bin when boarding the ship, then take home sand all in my suitcase. We've always grapped a few and have never had any complaints...then again a towel doesn't make or break our time on the beach.

No wonder some people have so much luggage!

Never pack anything that is provided for you, except your own hair dryer :p , theirs are awful.

When you re-board, you just throw them in a bin. I think they state there is a charge so people do bring them back. I have no idea how they would track an unreturned towel.

With the weight restrictions imposed by airlines, you need to leave home as much extra stuff as possible. With the linited space in the cabins, you need to leave as much stuff home as possible.

Archived