Ordering a tuxedo from cruiseline - special requests

I can't answer your question....but I can tell you what we did. :)

We got a regular tux with tie from the cruiseline but rented a vest/tie combo from a local shop. It was like $26 for 10 days and we didn't have to look like everyone else who rented on the ship.

It's a standard hidden clip just like the bow tie that's included with the tux package. We did have to watch out but were lucky in that the pattern/color we liked had a fully patterned tie with hidden clips.

(afterhours formal wear)

Just checked into renting tie and vest separately from a few local companies, and it's a small fortune - the best price I could get is $50 including the "nonrefundable damage waiver" Good grief. I guess that's what I get for living in Canada - we must have a shortage of tuxedo paraphenalia up here! :p I guess I will have to phone the company tomorrow and see what they say!

Yikes! :eek:

Hope things work out for you guys. If you don't get the answer your looking for from the company, I would suggest going to one of the tux places (at the mall?) and talking to someone directly. I know that the 26 USD wasn't an advertized price....I think we just lucky because they were slow and we were able to spark up a convo with the ladies.

Good Luck! :)

For those of you who have ordered a tux from cruiselineformal....

Is there any way that you can request a regular tie instead of the bow tie that the tux comes with (We are ordering the Ralph Lauren vest set) ...DH is not fond of bow ties. :rolleyes:

I would give them a call and ask directly.

http://www.cruiselineformal.com/

Contact Information

TELEPHONES

( Monday - Friday 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST )

Toll Free Customer Service: 1 800 551-5091

Local Phone: 1 305 252-8572

Local Fax: 1 305 252-6855

ELECTRONIC MAIL

General Information: custservice@cruiselineformal.com

Comments:

Order Questions :

Go buy a tuxedo!! For $200 or less you can purchase one at the online discounters. It doesn't tak long for that to pay off. Then, you can customize it as $$ allows - add a colorful vest or tie.

Definitely a money saving move (except for the cleaning costs), but then you have to pack it, take care of it, and dry clean it when you get home. We have had good luck with cruiseline formal, but it would be nice to see some more options.

Archived