Anyone Take a Classic Car from London to Southampton?

sfvoyager

Unfortunately, the VSOE is sold out, and I thought a nice alternative would be to go with a car service that operates a Bentley, Rolls Royce or Daimler to Southampton.

The cost is astronomical however- around $550 pounds plus tax and gratuity.

Anyone do something like this with a service that was more reasonably priced?

I know a splurge like this is usually done by people who can easily afford this, but I still would like to try.

We've had a Rolls Royce once - which took us from our home to Southampton. It was lovely.

Having said that, with a lot of luggage you might find difficulty in fitting it in!

There are cheaper ways of having a car drive you, using something more mundane such as a Mercedes, which will be excellent too. The main thing is the luxury of being picked up where and when you want, and not having to worry about anything.

We're actually driving ourselves to Southampton next time, as we now have a sensible car with a good boot, which may be an eye opener.

Being collected from the ship and whisked home is even better!

kevinkiki........woodford DOES have a bentley.

my parents took woodford last year after their cruise on the QM2. they had one of their lovely mercedes take them. because they raved soooo much about the service, the quality, etc. friends of mine used them for a day tour post cruise with a chap named COLLIN. then..........friends of theirs e-mailed them and inquired about the use of a BENTLEY and guess what???? they were picked up at the ship by a chauffeur driven bentley and spent the day tooling around london in it. i am told that the photos they took of this adventure rivals their cruise photos http://www.woodfordchauffeurcars.co.uk/

you cannot go wrong.

Archived