South East Asia Shore Tours - Singapore by Special Request

saraheg77

Here are the tours from the book...

1. Battlefields of Singapore - 4 hours

Kranji War Memorial & Cemetary - 4,461 Allied war graves with 1,289 unidentified.

Changi Prison Museum & Chapel - During WWII, the Japanese used this as a POW camp, holding more than 85,000 British & Australian POWs in brutal captivity. Still used as a prison today - museum built and includes a replica of the prison chapel

Fort Cnning Battle Box - largest underground command centre of British Malaya Command Headquarters - informative video & tour the underground bunkers and tunnels

2. Breakfast with the Orangutans - 4 hours

Singapore Zoo - model of the 'open zoo' concept, landscaped enclosures separated from visitors by dry or wet moats. Start the day with a buffet breakfast in the wild restaurant where you will be greeted by otters, a python and the orangutans. then an animal show with the Asian elephants having a bath, tram ride around the zoo...

Breakfast included

3. Singapore Heritage - 7 1/2 hours

Botanic Gardens - browse the 129-acre gardens with the orchid pavilioin

Mount Faber - second highest point in Singapore with panorama views of the harbour, Sentosa Island, & surroundings

Chinatown - walk through the shops & stalls and visit the Chinese MEdicine Shop, tour the Chinese Heritage Centre & free time

Sri Mariamman Temple - built in 1827 bt early Indian settlers in Chinatown - oldest & most important religious bldg in Singapore

Singapore Souvenir Factory - guided tour

Arab Street - motorcoach to Arab street where Malays & Arabs first settled

Little India - walk through streets with spice traders, garland makers & jewellers

lunch included at a Chinese restaurant

4. Highlights of Singapore - 3 1/2 hours

Chinatown - see above

Sri Mariamman Temple - see above

Mount Faber - see above

Botanic Gardens - see above

No refreshments provided

5. Night Safari - 4 hours

next door to Singapore zoo - safari amidst the vast dense forest of Singapore and see nocturnal animals on a tram... also a walking trail section & a creatures of the night show

No refreshments provided

6. Singapore River Cruise & Walking Tour of Chinatown - 3 1/2 hours

Singapore River Cruise - relaxed cruise as a tape narrates the history of the city

Chinatown walking tour including Fu Tak Chee Museum (built by Hakka & Cantonese immigrants), Sri Mariamman Temple & Chinatown Heritage Centre

Refreshments provided at a local coffee shop

7. Singapore by Night - 3 hours

Raffles Hotel - Enjoy a 'Singapore Sling' coctail at the famous Long Bar and mini museum

Little India Trishaw Ride - travel through Little India on a trishaw

Bugis Street Night Market - free time to browse stalls & shops and smell incense & fruits - bring local currency

Includes one cocktail

And check my favourite website for tips by travellers who have been there and some who live there...

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/Singapore/Singapore-1495679/TravelGuide-Singapore.html

You can also go to Jen's site on virtual tourist - she lives in Singapore and is very nice and will answer any questions you email her through the site!

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/82eb1/

Sarah,I have been reading your reviews with great interest!Thanks so much for the time you are taking to inform us.(unlike P & O:( ).We are going on the western tropics but don't expect any info for awhile.Pippa

Sarah,I have been reading your reviews with great interest!Thanks so much for the time you are taking to inform us.(unlike P & O:( ).We are going on the western tropics but don't expect any info for awhile.Pippa

Pippa, when are you going on your cruise?:D

Kerri

Hi Kerri,you might not have recognised my real name!I am bigpud:eek: ,(the kids chose that name after our cat who died the week I found this website!)Anyway,we are going on April15th(Western Tropics)I pretty sure from memory,youre back by then so I will be awaiting eagerly for your reports.As we are travelling with our 5 children,the port tours are going to add up and it will be cheaper if we do some independently.I have been reading your threads on tripadvisor and I am just about to book Singapore accom on the net.One question,you booked yours before flight details arrived( I presume),do you always get what you asked for?I am scared to book before we have an arrival date incase we have to change.Have you got your flight details yet?When did you get them? Thanks! Pippa

Pippa we booked the Fly/cruise deal back last March so I knew when our flights would be. We don't get into Singapore until 9.30pm on the sunday. I booked our accomodation thru asiarooms.com. We're staying 6 nights so are staying in 3 hotels. Figured if we want to see what we can without going back and forth over the same areas we might as well stay in 3 different hotels. lol

I found I had more availability thru asiarooms compares to say expedia and also asiarooms were cheaper!! There was only 1 I couldn't get and that was Swissotel Merchant. Couldn't get that thru any site so booked thru TA with no hassles.

Pippa when do you plan on leaving. We leave Melb at 5.10pm and like I say arrive 9.30pm. If you know when you're going to get to Singapore and that you'll be spending the night there then I'd book.

If we weren't staying for a few extra days I would have just booked the Carlton (on the P&O booklet)and got their transfers. Although I have since been told that a taxi is a lot cheaper.

Any more help just ask.

Kerri

Pippa, did you book through P&O? I did and I called in asking about my tickets weren't in... and although I didn't have my cruise tickets, they did have my flights booked and gave me that information for departure/arrival time over the phone quite some time ago. So, if you booked through them, call in and maybe they have your flight times. Good luck! I also booked through asiarooms.com and found them pretty cheap and easy to book thru.

Sarah

Hi Kerri and Sarah,we went to Perth for the w-end,raced home to check the message board!This is all so consuming,I wonder what I will do after the cruise!!!:D We booked thru a TA so now I have paid in full P&O might give travel times.I plan to book this week but find www.marmari the cheapest.Our trouble if finding rooms to sleep 7(2 rooms ideally) as most have 3 in a room limit which means 1 of us is on our own.(Hopefully me!!!) Not really so we need to find room for 4 and 3... Pippa

Hi Kerri and Sarah,we went to Perth for the w-end,raced home to check the message board!This is all so consuming,I wonder what I will do after the cruise!!!:D We booked thru a TA so now I have paid in full P&O might give travel times.I plan to book this week but find www.marmari the cheapest.Our trouble if finding rooms to sleep 7(2 rooms ideally) as most have 3 in a room limit which means 1 of us is on our own.(Hopefully me!!!) Not really so we need to find room for 4 and 3... Pippa

Pippa have you booked your accomodation yet. How long are you in Singapore before/after:)

Kerri

• 2 weeks later...

1. 69, 39

2. 75, 65

3. 89, 59

4. 39, 35

5. ? didn't give a price, so maybe cancelled? but i think it's website is nightsafari.com.sg

6. 45, 28

7. 69, 55

That's all I have prices for! We had a nice breakfast and I am scheduled for a pedicure at 11am. Oh, and Aussieguy23 stood us up, unless he couldn't find us! :O

Archived