Carnival Sale

gonetomaui99

Tried to post this earlier, but I guess it was taken off as advertising??

At any rate, got an email from my PVP announcing a one day sale on fares as well as free upgrades on newly booked cruises. Sale is Apr 29.

We took advantage of the Dec 1 day sale and saved a bundle on our Feb cruise. icon_cool.gif

surf1.gif It's very nice Honey, but somehow I thought the ship would be larger.

hey, thanks for the info. but where can we access the sale and do you know if we can recieve refunds if we purchased tiks from an outside travel agent?

Princess 6/96

Carnival Destiny 5/30/2004

Below is the fine print from the offer::

* Choose almost any sail date and get a FREE Best Available upgrade . Save up to $120 per person. Upgrade will be valid within stateroom category (Interior to Interior, Oceanview to Oceanview, Balcony to Balcony). This promotion is for NEW individual bookings and will be combinable with Supersaver (farecode CP1A) and Funtastic Super Sale (farecode CP1B) rates only. Farecodes must be requested at time of booking to receive this promotion. Credit for previous purchases is not permitted and guests who previously booked, cancelled and then rebook during this period are not eligible. Full deposits are required at time of booking. Promotions are subject to availability. Holidays may be excluded. Cruise only rates are in U.S. dollars, per person, based on double occupancy. Rates vary according to sail dates. Government fees/taxes are additional for all guests. Offer is capacity controlled and is not applicable with any other discount or promotional offer. Some restrictions (including category/stateroom availability) apply. Rates are subject to change without prior notice and are subject to availability. Ships' Registry: The Bahamas and Panama.

surf1.gif It's very nice Honey, but somehow I thought the ship would be larger.

My PVP went ahead and booked my Fantasy cruise and gave me the upgrade from a 6A to a 6D. She will adjust the rate on Thursday for me. Not a bad deal at all.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

9/02/2004 Fantasy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;9;2;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas 12/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

When Carnival had their one day sale last time, I just went on to BPC's web site and noticed the prices had gone down...so I callled the TA and asked for an upgrade, she gave it to me. I went from a 1A to a 5A at about $8 more per person.

I hope to take advantage of this sale on the 29th in the same fashion!

I'll let you all know if BPC allows me to do this. I have been booked since early March, last payment was made at the end of March..I only have 54 days until I sail....this will be a true test as to whether BPC is as good as I have been thinking they are.

Thanks for the head's up!

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

I'm very interested to see if they do this, halos, I'm booked with bpc on a cruise the same day (also out of NY) icon_smile.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Too many days since the Legend (10/03)

Looking forward to Victory...6/04!!!

Ok Halos explain to me what exactly your gonna do..Are you going to ask BPC on day of sale to upgrade or credit you on cruise you have booked already?? I am lost..or I just need coffee not really sure..thanks ahead of time for clarifying this for me..Because if its a good thing I am gonna try it..lol!!

Cyt

Atlantic

Oceanic

Norway

Enchantment of the Seas

Destiny

Voyager of the Seas

Conquest March 30th 2003

Glory May 29th 2004

I just emailed all of this information to my TA. We received an upgrade from the last One Day sale. We went from a 6A to a 6C with that one. Hey, you never know, I'd take ship board credit for this one! Our final payment is not due until May 11th so she may be able to get something. Its worth a try anyway! Thanks for the heads-up!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;7;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

SENSATION! FIRST CRUISE! 7/10/04

Are the posters here just "lucky"? The fine print says those already booked are just S.O.L. and even if we cancel and rebook we will not qualify. Yet reading here that some people have managed to get credits and upgrades even though they are not "new" bookings.

With the black cloud that hangs over my head there is no way I will ever get more than absolute minimum and I have come to expect only that. Heck I have even had the TA change our agreement and it took legal action to get it back so all I am out is a few dollars in legal fees...and that is the closest I can get to a lucky break!

Maybe I need a vacation (to top it off, it is snowing here right now).

I just changed our cabins from 1 8c and 1 4e to 2 8 c's for 600.00 more side by side..woohooo!!!!!

Cyt

Atlantic

Oceanic

Norway

Enchantment of the Seas

Destiny

Voyager of the Seas

Conquest March 30th 2003

Glory May 29th 2004

OK...here is how it worked for me with BPC.

Before booking, I asked a TA at BPC how they handle price reductions after DOWNPAYMENT, before final payment.

She replied that I could get a refund on my credit card, a ship board credit or I could get upgraded.

I then booked a 1A on the Miracle at a price I thought was decent for that time of year out of that port.

Then, I watched the web site every day (and I still do) for changes in price.

One day, I saw a decrease. I saw that I could get a 4A for the same price as my 1A...I called, and the TA graciously changed all 4 cabins to ones that I again hand picked from the list of available ones. Days later, Carnival had their one day sail and I saw that the prices of the interior cabins had dropped yet again, so I called and while I was on the phone with TA asking to get moved from a 4A to a 4E, the prices dropped YET again and I said, "Hold it, give me the 5A instead!" and I gave her the cabin numbers I wanted and wound up paying only $8 more per person for the 5A than I had originally paid for the 1A when I first booked.

I felt like I was playing the stock market.

Then, the prices went very high, and now they seem to be dropping again. I have my eye on them. If I can get to the next level I want which is a 7A I will try that. If the prices of the 5A's drop dramatically (which I doubt, but you never know) I'll attempt a ship credit. The TA told me when I first booked that after final payment it wasn't too difficult to get upgraded, but getting a credit, even ship credit was up to Carnival's discretion...but she said it wasn't impossible.

Obviously you can see why thus far I have sang BPC's praises. I drive the TA crazy with all the changes and she always is pleasant and tries her best to help me out without making me feel like I am bothering her...in other words, she actually does her job, and does it well. If I can get upgraded again, I will be sending this girl flowers before I sail. She deserves them.

I believe in Miracles

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

[This message was edited by halos on 04-27-04 at 12:23 PM.]

PS

to ebedore

You always get what you expect in life. If I was you I'd get rid of that image of a dark cloud over my head. If you expect to get nothing...that's exactly what you'll get.

Try being a little positive for a change. It might just change your life.

I believe in Miracles

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

icon_cool.gif

I think the whole thing is....

Be positive.. and be persistent!!

I email my TA (cruisequick) all the time. I watch prices daily!

We booked with only 70 days out.. so I paid a good price to begin with. I watch the prices daily. Each time I have seen a decrease, I have emailed them. Be NICE - But be to the point. Let them know what you see.

The last one day sale, we were able to get 70.00 credit to our cabin.. which we chose, because I cannot risk a guarantee (I need to be near the center of the ship).

I Definatly WILL look at those prices on Thursday! It CANNOT hurt to ask!

Cathy

dolphin.gif

Ecstacy October 1992

Destiny October 1999

TRIUMPH May2003

Our TRIUMPHant Return! May 15th

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

http://community.webshots.com/user/catrin0917

Greetings,

Carnival has been very flexible with us and our cruise agent also has been extremely helpful.

We just got off the Legend and received a 7 Catagory upgrade from an 8C extended balcony on the stern (which we requested because of the view). We ended up in a Cat. 11 suite and it was as large as the penthouse but with a smaller balcony. It was almost 20' X 20' with foyer, whirlpool tub, double sinks, dressing room and 4 windows.

The couple we went with were given a $220.00 shipboard credit on their 8C.

Keep in mind this was our 5th Carnival cruise and the third within 6 months.

No complaints about our service. We only cruise Carnival and we are scheduled in October for a 12 day Hawaii cruise.

Develop a relationship with your travel agent. We send her a gift after each cruise to show our appreciation for her personal attention.

May you have fair winds and following seas.

Gary and Linda

Spirit 10/04

Legend 04/04

Paradise 02/04

Glory 09/03

Sensation 03/02

Jubliee 11/87

USS Patterson FFG(USNR)09/88

USS Holland AS(USN)03/66-08/69

USS Whitehall PCE(USNR)07/65

[This message was edited by SWPD on 04-27-04 at 01:30 PM.]

yes...

bestpricecruises is not to be confused with bestcruiseprices...which is another agency, but not as cheap (at least when I checked)

I believe in Miracles

MIRACLE JUNE 19, 2004

Calm Seas, Good Friends

Actually, too bad for me, the address that Catrin linked has a 4A for less than I paid for a 1A icon_frown.gif I don't think bpc is sympathetic to this particular problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Too many days since the Legend (10/03)

Looking forward to Victory...6/04!!!

Called my PVP today because the specific cabin I wanted was available.

Got it today at Thursday's price. icon_biggrin.gif

Spirit 6234 extended balcony .. woo hoo!

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

detroit100.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2004;10;9;7;10;00&timezone=GMT-0500

And then:

Carnival Spirit 12/10/05 Mexican Riviera

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2005;12;10;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

The one day sale is Thursday, the "preview" sale is today (Wednesday). Guess CCL doesn't want to miss anyone. . .

ONE DAY SALE!

Great Low Rates PLUS

FREE UPGRADES!

EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW!

Book a cruise during this exclusive preview (Wednesday, April 28) and receive a Free Upgrade* to the BEST available stateroom. This Free Upgrade* is in addition to Carnival's already incredibly reduced rates. Limited availability -- first come basis so call early.

Remember, this free upgrade* is available for one day only. Call your Personal Vacation Planner and book on this exclusive preview day Wednesday, April 28. Great cruise vacation. Great deal.

One day only!

ONE DAY SALE!

Great Low Rates PLUS

FREE UPGRADES!

THIS THURSDAY ONLY!

Book a cruise Thursday (April 29) and receive a Free Upgrade* to the BEST available stateroom. This Free Upgrade* is in addition to Carnival's already incredibly reduced rates. Limited availability -- first come basis so call early.

Remember, this free upgrade* is available for one day only. Call your Personal Vacation Planner and book this tomorrow. Great cruise vacation. Great deal.

One day only!

Jody in TN

Disney Wonder, 3-01

Dawn Princess, 7-01

CCL Sensation, 11-02

HAL Statendam, 10-03

CCL Legend, 12-04

hello,

does anyone know how to access the preview sale? I just went to the carnival website, and it only seems to advertise thursday's sale. Also, how did you find the sale price that your cruise is now selling at?

Princess 6/96

Carnival Destiny 5/30/2004

I contacted my PVP today and he told me the price I booked at before $659pp OV guaranty was still the cheapest. Right now OV are going for about $749pp. I guess we booked at a good price. He also said we were marked for an upgrade and he was going to have some goodies for us. I hope he comes through. I advised him if there are any price drops on suites to contact me ASAP so that I may upgrade.

Wouldn't it be great if the upgrade fairy gave me a suite?? icon_wink.gif

Married on Fantasy 9/95

Ecstasy 3/2001

Fantasy 9/2002

Sensational Cruise 7/24/04

This sale is wonderful. Today, I booked 5 Cat 8I cabins on the Panorama Deck for the price of an 8A. My TA matched the price that I found on BPC. How sweet it is! Great location and an extended balcony. More foo-foo's for us.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;3;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Beating the Winter Blues on the Legend

Tropicale 9/95

Sensation 9/97

Carnival Destiny 10/00

Fascination 3/02

Imagination 3/03

Carnival Legend 10/28/03

Carnival Triumph 3/13/04

Carnival Legend 3/19/05

Archived