Who can cancel a reservation?

We are Going to cancel our end of month sailing. 

My husband is the one who booked our reservation but is not able to call in to cancel, am I going to be able to call & cancel? I don’t want to call and be on hold for hours only to be told no. 

I made the reservation for our two rooms, but put my husband as #1 in our room because I have two last names and it's just easier that way.  Our oldest daughter was listed #1 in the other room.

I just got off the phone with them to cancel.  I was able to make the cancellation but I WAS the one who paid (they did ask that).  On the other reservation, because I guess I gave them wrong info on one of the questions they asked, I had to get someone in that room on the phone to say it was okay for me to cancel it.  I called my other daughter who okayed it over speaker.  LOL

I think it's worth a shot if he really can't.  I went ahead and cancelled today rather than waiting because I'm concerned that they're gonna change their cancellation policy due to the sheer number of folks cancelling.  I didn't want to miss out on the cruise credit.

I really don’t want to wait either just because who knows what RC will decide to change in policy. 

He booked & paid with his card. Typically he would be able to call in but he’s currently in and out of meetings & briefings about COVID & military operations going forward, so he can’t really sit around on hold to speak to someone. I guess I can have him text me a pic of his card so I have the #, and if he set up a pin send it to me and I try. 

Cruise is officially canceled. I was on hold for also about an hour. The lady I spoke to was very nice the only thing she asked for was our reservation number and the reason we were canceling. She did explain a little bit about the future cruise credit and said that in about five days we would have an official email breaking everything out with the cruise credit certificate number. She went over all of the taxes and fees that are being refunded to our credit card and that was pretty much it. Very easy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trarecar said:

I was able to make the cancellation but I WAS the one who paid (they did ask that).  On the other reservation, because I guess I gave them wrong info on one of the questions they asked, I had to get someone in that room on the phone to say it was okay for me to cancel it.  I called my other daughter who okayed it over speaker.  LOL

This was a challenge for me about a year and a half ago.  I'm the caregiver for my mentally disabled brother, and make our reservations.  I had to cancel a cruise about a year and a half ago - but they weren't able to cancel his without his permission.  It took about an hour on the phone, and an escalation to supervisors, before they would cancel his room - even though the special needs desk had documented his disability.  After they were able to cancel it, the agent expressed surprise that they approved it.

Next time?  I'll put him on the phone with them, and he can tell them about his dogs, every cruise we've taken for the past 5 years, his Mom & Dad, old movies...

--bruce T.

• Haha 1