NCL beat 'em to it: Bowling on Board

flagger

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1508

Norwegian Cruise Line, taking a page out of Royal Caribbean's onboard recreation-oriented thrust, is introducing its own innovation -- the industry's first full size ten pin bowling alley. The feature will be introduced on its still-under-construction Norwegian Pearl, slated for delivery next year.

The big question: Can you bowl a true game on a moving ship? Says NCL President and CEO Colin Veitch, "will the ball roll perfectly true? Much of the time yes, and some of the time no. We won't be hosting the world bowling championships; it's just fun we're shooting for."

Sorry, but I think bowling on a cruise ship is retarded. Who wants to be kooked up in a bowling alley? :rolleyes: People can do that at home, if that's thier cup of tea......

JMHO

Just like they can go ice skating or mini golfing or rock climbing or, in some parts of the country, ride the wave rider. :rolleyes:

And I can eat at home,I can lay out by the pool at home..I can drink,gamble play bingo climb a rockwall buy art play ping-pong workout take a wine-tasting class sit in a hot tub rollerskate play putt-putt ...

Heck I can even sail scuba dive snorkle para-sail deep sea fish water ski jet ski hike horseback ride on the beach and get blitzed off my bottom just 20 minutes from my house....

But...Its all better on a ship at sea :D

I guess my point really was, why be inside? I have to drag myself into the ship when I cruise....I'd stay outside all day and into the night if it wasn't chilly......of course there are people who like to be inside for bingo, skating, cards, bowling.....whatever....not me.

I'd rather be laying in the sun, walking the deck, taking pix, having some cocktails while listening to the pool band.....things like that.:)

Wonder if they will allow smoking in the bowling alley? Like they do at home and all......

I agree during the Day...I am all for the sun....But have been on many trips where...weather not permitting...

And at least on RCI..not enough going on on deck after dark.

I could bowl after a midnight buffet:D

I wondered the same thing about the smoke..Yuk.

I agree during the Day...I am all for the sun....But have been on many trips where...weather not permitting...

And at least on RCI..not enough going on on deck after dark.

I could bowl after a midnight buffet:D

I wondered the same thing about the smoke..Yuk.

You know, if I have one complaint about cruises, it's that there are not enough things going on after dark on deck. I wonder why that is? Is it safety or what?

They had a pool party one night on the NOS, and it was about 2 hours from what I remember. Do any of the other lines have things going on after dark on deck?

The only thing we've ever done on RCI is the "caribbean nights" they have..Had a really fun one leaving Key West at 11 PM one year.

On NCL years and years ago..(1982) we had a blast at the pool..Nothing organized,but at the time could "fratenize" with the staff...and it was really fun..

Princess of course has MUTS...Which I think would be cool.

Pop Corn a great flick..Under the stars and the rocking of the ocean.

My last 3 on Carnival were all work "charters" (not the full ship,but we had about 300 people) So we had our own stuff going on.

Archived