How to find times of excursions?

Balamb

Hello. I will be taking my first Celebrity cruise in March and I have a question about the excursions. Celebrity lists the duration of each excursion (2 hours, 4 hours, etc.) but can I find out the exact times of each excursion, such as 8-10 a.m. or 12-4 pm? Is this information available anywhere? I haven't been able to locate it. Thanks for your help!

I cant tell you exactly how to do it because we dont currently have a cruise booked so I cant figure it out right now. However, you do it through the "purchase a shore excursion" button. You have to then plug in your booking number and sail date and some other information. You click on the port and the options come up. Or it is something along those lines. Im sure you can figure it out! Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you, DancerOT. I have been trying for the last 3 days to purchase excursons online, but all I get is the message "Reservations are not available please try again." Is any one else having this problem? Our ship departs March 11. Is it too early to reserve excursions?

Thank you, DancerOT. I have been trying for the last 3 days to purchase excursons online, but all I get is the message "Reservations are not available please try again." Is any one else having this problem? Our ship departs March 11. Is it too early to reserve excursions?
No, it isn't too early -- but if you're trying to do this through "My Celebrity", and the tab there that is to take you to shore excursions, it isn't going to work. It's a long story, but Celebrity definitely has some basic problems with the web site -- has had since 12/04. If that is what you were trying to do, try what's shown below instead. Note that you mustn't have logged into "My Celebrity" for about 20 minutes or the shorex area that I'm pointing you to for about 20 minutes until your prior login "times out".

If you're already doing something like is shown below without success, then you'll need to call Celebrity to find out why they're still not showing excursions for your cruise. Odds are slim that they're still holding off allowing bookings this close on purpose.

Start on the home page

Select "Plan Your Cruise" / "Shore Excursions"

Pick a destination that suits you from the pull down and click GO

Pick a port

NOTE: Selections up to this point are abitrary, and were done only to get you to the next steps!

In the upper left of the new window, look for "PURCHASE your shore excursions"

Click on GO

Enter your booking#, ship's name, date, and language info

Once you start going to the real ports, you go ahead as though you were going to book excursions. It will show you the available time(s) for the excursions you pick. You'll need to work through each right up to the point of selecting the excursion, and then back out once you have the times.

Thank you so much, Canderson. It worked! I think Celebrity should hire you to "debug" their website!
Glad I could help.

How/why Celebrity/RCI leaves this BIG architectural database problem with their "My Celebrity" feature for over a year is beyond me. Even the customer service reps have known about it for that long, and yet it remains a roadblock to so many online users.

Rest assured that Celebrity's onboard service is MUCH better than what you receive shoreside. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you so much, Canderson. It worked! I think Celebrity should hire you to "debug" their website!
You are far from the first to be caught in the My Celebrity "web" web ... and it would seem time to add it to the CC thread Creating a FAQ: What You Need To Know About Cruising on CELEBRITY . Thanks for reminding me that this really needed to be done.

I thank you for the info. Unfortunately I was unable to book because I was 9 days before the cruise, one has to book 10 days or more before you sail.
True enough. After the above from a couple of days ago, I added a message to the "Celebrity FAQ" sticky thread, and it included a warning about that. If there's anything that should be added to it based upon various experiences, it'd be good to know.

Archived