Turtle Farm Question

medicmel

This may have been covered before but I dont feel like searching through the boards. I am lazy. We will be in GC on 2/16 from 0800-1700. I have booked a tour through Nativeways. They state we will be back at 1400. Does anyone know if we will have time to jump in a cab and hit the Turtle Farm before our ship leaves. I know the farm is small and their website says it only takes 20-30 minutes to tour. I am not really interested in going but some in our party would like to see it. I guess I am trying to please everyone. I know its impossible but I figured I would give it a shot. All info is greatly appreciated.:cool:

I'm not trying to discourage you, but you do know that the turtle farm is just that, a farm where they raise turtles for consumption, much like a pig farm is for raising pigs for consumption (only the turtle farm doesn't smell as bad as pigs). The turtle farm isn't a zoo. Some people like to see and touch the turtles, some people are pretty disappointed once they have been there.

Even though a tour would only take 20-30 minutes, traffic back to Georgetown in the afternoon can be a nightmare. If Nativeways could drop you off there at the end of your tour with them, then you probably would have just enough time to go there.

Archived