Cable Beach

showmom

Okay...I have read alot of posts about the beaches but I still am not sure. We will be in the Bahamas on Thursday April 6th. We will be traveling with a group of teenagers. I will be chaperoning approximately 4 teenagers with 2 adults and they would like to go to the beach. We will be porting at 1:00 and leaving at midnight so by the time we get to the beach it will be late afternoon. I saw a few pictures of the Wyndham resort and it looks great. I would love to go there. What is the best way to get there from the dock and because I am assuming the island will be packed with spring breakers will we still be able to just walk through the lobby and enjoy the beach? I checked on Carnival excursions and they do not offer anything for Cable beach. Should we try a beach closer to the port since we will be getting there so late in the afternoon? Any help from anyone would be great.

Thanks

I know you can catch the #10 for $1 each ONE WAY and just tell them you want off at the Wyndham. If you are uneasy about the jitney you can catch a cab for not too much $$. Not sure of the price on that, but I am sure it is listed here somewhere.

I will be in Nassau this Saturday for a week and will bring back some information on the WYndham if you would like.

I just found this on an old post from Scubagirrl - If you are looking for cheap transportation ($1pp) take the #10 jitney from downtown or in front of the McDonalds across from the Hilton. It will take you past Lighthouse Beach, drop you near Ardastra Gardens, stop at Arawak Cay's Fish Fry, Radisson Golf Club, Breezes, Kafe Kalik, Nassau Beach Hotel, Tennis Courts, Cafe Johnny Canoes, Wyndham, Radisson, Dicky Mo's and on to Sandals.

They run every few minutes and you can get off, or flag them down anywhere along thier route

Yes, the #10. You can pick it up downtown. They line up on one of the side streets across from the straw market on Bay Street, or you can walk another block and catch it in front of the McDonalds across from the British Colonial Hilton. Make sure it's the #10. It should have the numbers written on the front, back and sides of the bus.

Enter, tell the driver where you are going and sit down. When you approach, say "stop". (he'll probably remember). Pay as you leave, exact change only. No change given.

Cross the roadway and thru the hotel to the beach.

On the way back, just go out to the street in front of the hotel and flag down the bus. They'll be by every few minutes. Same side of the road as the hotel.

It would be great if you would bring back some information about the Wyndham. My real concern is about being able to use the hotel beach and restroom...getting there we will probably take the jitney there but a cab back since we might be leaving the beach after the jitneys stop running (someone said they stop at 6:00 or 7:00). I just really want to know if you can still just walk into the lobby of the hotel and go out to the beach without being bothered. I have read both ways, that you will be okay and that they may ask you to leave. It looks like such a wonderful hotel and beach and pool area that I would love to spend the day there so any information you can get would be greatly appreciated.

I hope you have a WONDERFUL vacation...

Thanks

With new ownership at Cable Beach, noone really knows how cruisers are going to be handled during Spring Break, especially with teens in the group.

Hotels are reluctant to add additional young adults to the already troublesome clientel.

I'd suggest you either accept that you may be asked to move next door to the Nassau Beach Hotel or Public Beach on Cable Beach, or just head directly to Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island. (Public Beach). You won't have the amenities of the hotels, but you won't be asked to move either.

The Local downtown beach (Lighthouse Beach) will be inundated with Spring Breaker Partying.

So, does the Wydham hotel have wrist bands or something to control access to their facilities or how do they know you are not staying at the hotel? I am hoping to just walk in and see what happens since we will be getting there later in the day. If we are asked to move next door are we safe there or how far will we be asked to go? I really don't want to go to cabbage beach since from what I have read we will not even have restroom facilities available. What is your suggestion for a fun afternoon at the beach with a few teenagers?

Thanks for any advice.

So, does the Wydham hotel have wrist bands or something to control access to their facilities or how do they know you are not staying at the hotel? I am hoping to just walk in and see what happens since we will be getting there later in the day. If we are asked to move next door are we safe there or how far will we be asked to go? I really don't want to go to cabbage beach since from what I have read we will not even have restroom facilities available. What is your suggestion for a fun afternoon at the beach with a few teenagers?

Thanks for any advice.

Wyndahm does not have wristbands. so far, they have not been known to control access to the property. If you have to go next door.. you're talking a few yards down from the Wyndham.. and it's very safe. It's just more beach and less concrete. You shouldn't have a problem enjoying the afternoon.

Thank you Scubagirl for all the GREAT info..it is nice to get details from someone who knows the area. I think we have decided to go to the Wyndham and take our chances with our own towels of course and try not to stick out too much. We do not port until 1:00 so I figure we will not be getting to the beach until at least 3:00...you stated earlier that we could take the #10 jitney...do we just catch the return #10 Jitney back to the dock area? What time should we be leaving the beach to catch the last jitney back?

Thanks again for all your wonderful advice...

Thank you Scubagirl for all the GREAT info..it is nice to get details from someone who knows the area. I think we have decided to go to the Wyndham and take our chances with our own towels of course and try not to stick out too much. We do not port until 1:00 so I figure we will not be getting to the beach until at least 3:00...you stated earlier that we could take the #10 jitney...do we just catch the return #10 Jitney back to the dock area? What time should we be leaving the beach to catch the last jitney back?

Thanks again for all your wonderful advice...

Jitney's run til about 6:30 pm. Trip takes about 15/20 minutes.

Archived