Boatyard or Glory Tours?

yusi1906

:) ;) I will be on Barbados aboard the Destiny in May. I'm debating between doing the Best of Barbados with Glory Tours or going to Boatyard. That day it will be my boyfriend's birthday and I want him to have a good time.

Any opinions? Thanks

Last week we visited Barbados, on our Destiny cruise.

We took a Cameron Reid land tour in the morning; visited the Boatyard in the afternoon.

There are wonderful places to visit on Barbados-so a land tour is worth it, IMO.

You still will have time to RELAX at the Boatyard in the afternoon. It is only a $3 taxi ride and about a mile from the ship. $12 admission which includes an alcoholic drink.

That might make a perfect day, for his birthday?

Cameron Reid's website is: scenicbarbados.com

He has some pre-planned tours: scenic, historical,etc.

Or you can design your tour, as you wish. I like to take photographs, so I designed a scenic tour. Included the Animal Flower Cave, Bathsheba area,

Cattlewash, Cherry Tree Hill, sugar mill,etc.

The tour started at 8:30AM, as I requested. Lasted about four hours.

We returned to the Destiny for lunch; took a taxi to the Boatyard, spent

a couple of hours,there. Had to be back on board at 5:30-Destiny left at 6PM.

Took a photo of a gorgeous sunset, as we were leaving Barbados!

[magnum=quote]Or you can design your tour, as you wish. I like to take photographs, so I designed a scenic tour. Included the Animal Flower Cave, Bathsheba area,

Magnum,

Do you recall if there was a snack bar at the Animal Flower Cave?

IMO it depends on what you really want to do...we did the jolly roger -AWESOME time, and then went back to our room on the legend and got changed to go to the boatyard! another awesome place! you can easily spend all day there and it is such a good time!!! there is a lot to do or nothing at all...we are in our early 30's and were there last week on a carnival cruise and I would have like to seen more of barbados, but we had the best time!!!! HAVE FUN in whatever you decide!!!!:)

• 2 weeks later...
Cameron Reid's website is: scenicbarbados.com

He has some pre-planned tours: scenic, historical,etc.

Or you can design your tour, as you wish. I like to take photographs, so I designed a scenic tour. Included the Animal Flower Cave, Bathsheba area,

The tour started at 8:30AM, as I requested. Lasted about four hours.

We returned to the Destiny for lunch; took a taxi to the Boatyard, spent

a couple of hours,there. Had to be back on board at 5:30-Destiny left at 6PM.

What were his prices?

We absolutely loved our tour with Glory Tours and would do it again in a heartbeat. The Best of Barbados truly was the Best of Barbados. Our ship left later then than it is now, so we were able to go to the Boatyard for several hours afterwards, but I'm afraid there wouldn't be time to do both now. So sorry about that!! Happy Birthday to your DH though!! :D

what is the boatyard i have seen many references but to it but nothing that describes what it is.

Basically, it's the Carlos 'n Charlies or Senior Frogs of Barbados... A Party place that serves lunch/dinner menus, DJ, crazy adult games, dancing, etc. During the day, they also have beach access with lots of water activities for the entire family. I wouldn't take the kids there at night though- it bit crazy at times :)

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As a former crew member, I always made sure to clear my port time for Barbados so I could go to Boatyard. It's a great beach club with tons of water sports, nice white sand and crystal clear water. There is a ton of crew there all the time but loads of passengers as well.

It's a short $3 cab ride per person from the pier and they have shuttles to bring you back to the ship that are included with your entrance fee.

For a birthday I would definitely hit up Boatyard and take advantage of the happy hour specials! :)

Archived