VALOR Cabin 1001?

cruisenwkids

We are new to cruising and the TA booked us in cabin #1001. After reading that there is more motion in the front of the ship and the higher you go, I am really worried about this. Has anyone stayed in a cabin that is up there and in the front? I would appreciate any feedback.

We will be on the Liberty this Sunday in room # 1008. I've never been that high on the ship, never been forward, and have NEVER been in an inside cabin, so I'll be posting with my results!

We've always had balcony cabins, mid-ship, port side, so this should be an interesting change.

This is an ocean view but we will be looking out the front of the boat instead of the side. She said it had a balcony but it wasn't private. That sounded a little weird to me. I am just happy to be on the ship so I guess I will take what she booked!

1001 is across the front of the ship- We booked a cabin on deck 7- 7206

Your cabin is partially obstructed oceanview. That means there is a public deck outside your window and people can see into your cabin. You will be needing to keep your curtains closed if youdont want them to see you. I dont think many people venture to that area..and thats what your agent probably mean by a balcony. and it not being private. this area WILL be very very windy

I wouldn't be too worried about motion. For our first two cruises, we booked mid ship for the reason you stated. When we booked Victory we got an instant upgrade from and 8a to an 8e which put us on Deck 10 (Panorama), port forward. As far as we could tell, there was no significant difference in motion from mid ship. I realize that Victory is a smaller cousin to the Conquest class, but when they offered us the same upgrade for our Valor cruise, we jumped on it. Unless the seas are really rough, the ships stabilizers seem to do a very good job.

Now as far as "your" balcony goes… serene is correct. The balcony outside of your window IS a public balcony, accessed by a door on either side of the ship at the end of the hall. The good news is that it seems that not too many people know about these balconies (they are pretty much the same on the Destiny and Conquest Classes). A group of 10 to 15 of us had a Farewell Party on the Panorama Balcony on Victory and there was hardly anyone else up there. Just be aware, that when you don't want to take the chance of being in the public's eye, to make sure your curtains are pulled tight, and have a great cruise.

I am staying in this cabin on the Liberty 2/18.

I have stayed in 1004 on the Valor and loved it.

It is the quietest part of the ship, but don't brag about to other people on the ship.

The outside deck is quiet and peaceful during the day and the evening

Archived