Princess Grill Accomodations & Dining on QM2

nmguy88001

As I mentioned in replying to a post on this board, I have not been faithful in viewing the board in some 18 months (a variety of personal reasons none of which are particularly interesting!). Now that I am back, I have some questions about the Queen Mary 2 that I hope have not been asked and answered.

I have visited the Cunard site and have gone through the various "tours" and photo albums of the QM2 but have yet to find any detailed information regarding the Princess Grill. Have I just missed it? Any help is appreciated, particularly from those of you who may have experienced PG accomodations and dining.

I know from past discussions on this board, many felt that PG accomodations and the Princess Grill on the QE2 were a better value and experience than many of the QG accomodations. Is there a sense yet on this "new" Queen regarding the PG level accomodations and dining room?

Again, your help is greatly appreciated!

We experienced the PG on the inaugural Transatlantic. The accommodation was nice enough although having a balcony wasn't an asset as it is very exposed and can't be used much on a crossing due to the wind factor. I thought that the decor in the dining room was very bland and although the service was excellent, I never felt that the whole dining experience was worth the extra dollars.

We were in the Princess Grill on the QE2 for the Tandem crossing and the experience there was far more memorable.

We traveled in QGrill a couple of years ago and are repeating the experience this July. The biggest factor in making our choice was the space in the cabin. I hate being crowded and I don't want to feel that I have to be out and about every minute in order to be comfortable. The cabin was great and I'm sure that the PGrill cabin will also be very comfortable. I agree that the restaurant decor is bland, but the food is excellent and the service was fine. We also got to use the balcony quite a bit during our crossing. Maybe it's because we crossed in July, or maybe it's because we live in New England. In any event, we spent time reading and relaxing in the chaises. Whatever you do, you should have a great time.

Thank you Wynkys and Amuld!! I appreciate the feedback and have wondered why the website is so conspicuously silent regarding the Princess Grill dining room.

My wife and I are trying to decide between PG and QG. I certainly like having more room in my accomodations. The idea of butler service appeals too! Are there sufficient upgrades between the two levels to warrant an additional $3,000? That is my quandry. While cost isn't my chief priority, I sure like to get the best value for my money.

Again, thanks!

Archived