Need Help !! Suggestions for Ft Lauderdale affordable ! Clean! Safe Hotel!

blga

Help! I have been searching online for days looking for an affordable (less than 125.00 a night) hotel for my parents who are seniors getting into Ft Lauderdale 3 days prior to the cruise. They are hoping to rent a car & sightsee if possible. I find many, many hotels, but then I read the cruise critic members comments and I can tell it is very scary when you don't have a clue what area you are booking into. We would like a airport hotel that might have a shuttle to the pier. No frills needed. They won't use a pool etc., just need something very clean & safe. any suggestions??

Need the room 3/22 - 3/26. Okay if it is up to 15 miles away from cruiseport, as long as it is north of port rather than south. I am still looking for them. Finding a few in the 105 range, but with 11% tax you are looking at almost as much for 4 days of hotel as you are for the cruise!!! How is this possible?

If I'm not using reward points, I always stay in little mom & pop type places when traveling. A couple of suggestions... The Martindale (one block off the beach up north by Yankee Trader) or the Nina Lee/Imperial House. The Nina Lee is right across the street via a parking lot from the Yankee Clipper and you get to use all their facilities (ocean front pool, beach, bar, etc) without the high price. The motels are older, but clean and have no frills except for a pool. Your parents would probably be very comfortable at the Nina Lee. It's not too far from the port, but they will need a cab. And they can walk out to A1A and catch a bus to anywhere they want to go. The best part? These places rarely cost more than $50 per night. They both take AAA discounts of 10%, too. Good luck!

I realize the price is a lilttle higher than you want but we stayed at the Holdiay Inn Express Convention Center on 12/26/05 and found it to be very nice.

We walked around the area, (very long blocks), and ate at Bimini Boatyard which was across the street.

HIEX Convention Center wa very clean, and they put new mattresses in 12/28/05. They also have free shuttle service both ways from airport.

You are going at absolute prime time. Reservations should have been made 3-4 months ago. There will be lots of traffic.

Most things cost a ridiculous amount of money when compared to the price of a cruise, which is one of the best vacation values around.

Need the room 3/22 - 3/26. Okay if it is up to 15 miles away from cruiseport, as long as it is north of port rather than south. Finding a few in the 105 range, but with 11% tax you are looking at almost as much for 4 days of hotel as you are for the cruise!!! How is this possible?

Your looking for lodging during our high season, prime time. Your going to be hard pressed to find anything decent in your price range. Whatever you do, you better act fast. Hotels are enjoying at or near full occupancies this season. ;)

Archived