Explorer - Promenade Staterooms

ssolomon56

My DH and I will be cruising the Explorer of the Seas on 3/12, and we're booked into a Promenade Stateroom (8275 to be exact). This is our first experience on one of these RCI megaships... Has anyone here stayed in a Promenade stateroom? What was your opinion?

We don't really mind an inside room - but, we thought this would be a little different.

My sister and I stayed in adjoining Promenade rooms (8605-8607) on the port side of Voyager, last October and October 2004, .

We prefer the aft, closer to the stairs, elevators, and computers.

This October, my DH and I will once again be in a Promenade room, 8307 on the Explorer.

You won't regret it.

My family stayed in adjoining promenade rooms on EOS. It doesn't feel like an inside since you can look out over the promenade. Just remember to close the curtains before changing.:eek: Some people are concerned about noise from outside but it never bothered us. Enjoy!:)

The promenade cabins on the Voyager class ships are OK, and with the large bay window you don't feel too cramped for space. However, you had better be careful about the locatiojn. We had a friend whose cabin was at the end

of the promenade and she had a "lovely" view of the information lobby. :(

I have been in Promenades room and a few cruises and they are great. They are actually a step up from an inside room due to the bow window facing the promenade.

The rooms, are very roomy, and I love sitting on there and watching people go by early morning and late night...its fun.

You'll love the room...

Hi Sue!

Fancy meeting you here! Funny you should mention having a promenade room. You are on the same deck as us in the same hall. We are almost on the end @ 8309! You are just about 10 cabins away.

We had a promenade room on the last cruise too and absolutely loved it - that's why we booked another one. I love the people watching. It seems larger than the inside rooms and you don't feel boxed in.

See you there!

Suzanne

We're on our first RCI in Promenade 8609 on the AOS in September. We couldn't beat the price. We've had suites on our last 2 cruises (one with MANY free upgrades and one because we booked a mini-suite for our honeymoon) so we weren't sure we could do a true inside this time. We're hoping the Promenade window will let fool us a little into thinking we're looking outside!!

Can't wait!

My Brother and I stayed in Promenade Stateroom 8611 on the Explorer of the Seas in July. I really like the layout and the room, but our room was a view of the Centrum and it was very difficult to see the Royal Promenade. Your rooms should have an excellent view though. Happy Cruising!

Derek

Archived