Dawn's return to NYC

professor

I've noticed that the Dawn's itineraries indicate that, at the end of the cruise, the Dawn arrives at the cruise pier in New York at 10:00 a.m.

For those who have been on the Dawn's ten-day and eleven-day Caribbean cruises, is the 10:00 a.m. arrival time fairly accurate -- and, does disembarkation begin at about 11:30 a.m.?

Thanks.

Actually the Dawn has been arriving closer to 8:30 for most of the sailings this winter season! It's been quite rare to see it arrive later than that.

This could concievably change this time around, as the Dawn is likely to encounter some nasty weather tomorrow and into Sunday. Time will tell.

Actually the Dawn has been arriving closer to 8:30 for most of the sailings this winter season! It's been quite rare to see it arrive later than that.

So, under "normal" conditions, the Dawn's disembarkation process at the pier

in New York begins as early as 10:00a.m. or thereabouts?

I will be on the cruise that returns to N.Y. on March 5th, and am trying to determine when my son should expect to meet me at the pier (assuming it's normal March weather that morning).

Joan, you and I are on the same sailing. Have you come over and checked out our rollcall? There's a very friendly group on the rollcall, and we're all looking very forward to meeting each other. Hope you'll consider posting there and getting to know some of your fellow passengers! :)

Now, back to your original question: If your son lives within an hour or two of the pier, the smartest thing for him to do is keep an eye on the ESB webcams, and the WiredNY webcams. He'll be able to watch the ship come into the pier, and then plan to arrive about two hours after that. ;)

Or, if you have a cell phone with you, you could call as soon as the ship docks, and he'll know to arrive in two hours or so.

Hope that's helpful.

Archived