Safe Place To Stay In Orlando?

WestieLass

My 3 friends and I (all female) will be flying into Orlando Int'l. the Saturday night before our cruise on Sunday. The flight is late (9:30 pm arrival), and we just want a no frills place to stay (not too expensive- but not the "roach motel") for the night.

Is anyone out there familiar enough with Orlando to suggest a hotel/motel? We would like it to be as close to the airport as possible and have a free airport shuttle. Since we don't know the Orlando area, we want to make sure that the accomdations and surrounding area we choose is safe.

Appreciate your help!

LaQuinta Inn Airport North, I believe that their shuttle runs to 11:00 PM. Seems like a mile at most when you exit the airport grounds. They offer a free breakfast that is just enough to hold you over until you get to the Windjammer. There is a TGIFridays within walking distance if you are hungry after your flight.

We are staying at the Embassy Suite - Orlando Airport on Saturday 2/25 before catching a ride to Port Canaveral on Sunday to board the Mariner of the Seas. The hotel is a little more spendy than some but they are all suites and the rate includes a full cooked to order breakfast in the morning (plus a free manager's social hour hour in the evening if you get there early enough). They also have a free shuttle from the airport which was a factor in the decision. They are about a mile from the airport.

Embassy Suites Orlando

Wow!- you did get a great deal on priceline. We're staying Sat. May13. I checked and their price for my date is $185. That sure would be nice to stay at the hotel, though. We will be looking for a shuttle from the airport to the port.

I have to laugh at the "safe" part of the post because I have lived in Orlando for 28 years, and dont hear that too much. There are bigger cities in Florida (to remain nameless) that could be named on the unsafe list, but Orlando? There are som areas in Orlando I dont venture into(like any city), but for the most part, the city is great and safe.

The best places to stay around the airport are any of the hotels in the Lee Vista area, which is right next to airport. There are shuttles that run to all the hotels I believe. I recommend the Amerisuites on Augusta National Drive (not Forbes Place location a bit further down road) the most of the ones in the Lee Vista complex. There are plenty of eaterys, etc. within walking distance, so its the best bet.

If you stay at airport Hyatt, make sure to check priceline, otherwise you will pay way too much for a simple hotel room.

Your prices are gonna be high though for most any hotel this time of year, so expect that. We have the Daytona races going on, bike week is coming up, and lots of convention goers stay near airport. So prices may be above $100 per night at most airport area hotels. just a heads up.

Stay away from hotels or motels on Sandlake Road (side near airport) or Tradeport Drive. Those all are lower grade.

Amerisuites normally runs around 99 per night and rooms are very nice. Priceline could have them cheaper.

Thanks! for the info, "OliverTheCat". I was hoping to get a reply from someone in the Orlando area. Sorry if I insulted your city, but I have never been there and don't know anything about it. I'm from Houston, and there are definately areas around our airports that I would not feel safe staying in.

Thanks for everyone else's suggestions too!

Archived