Hotel Question in Ft. Lauderdale

ConCo

OK I feel dumb asking this question, icon_confused.gif since I don't have my Carnival book handy and don't remember if they even leave from the port at Ft. Lauderdale. I'm hoping some of you Carnival Cruisers (I'm one too, leaving on Glory in June) might have departed from Ft. Lauderdale in the past. Here goes...

Where is the best place to stay pre-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale? We will be taking a spring break cruise on Costa next year and it's even Easter Weekend. We want to get our ducks in a row and get reservations fairly early for hotel. We were thinking of flying down to FL on Friday since we all have the day off school and work.

Any suggestions? We want some economy, but someplace near the port and with a nice pool. icon_cool.gif

Thanks for any information. This board is great! I have planned so many aspects of cruises from the stuff I've gotten here! icon_smile.gif

Connie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;6;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until we drink Pina Coladas on the Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;3;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until our first Costa Experience - Salud!!

Enchantment 6/98

Dawn Princess 4/00

Fantasy 10/01

Celebration 12/01

Coral Princess 6/03

Glory 6/04

Costa Mediterranea 3/05

Any hotel on 17th Street in Ft. Lauderdale are near the port. I know there is a Embassy Suite and an Amerisuites. There is a Comfort Inn on Federal Highway.

Go to www.biddingfun.com. She has all the info on hotels in the area. You can bid on them with Priceline or figure out which hotels are available on Hotwire. I have used both and always been happy.

I won't have to worry about getting hotels for any of our cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami, we are moving to Boca Raton in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif I love going down to the causeway on the weekend and seeing all those ships docked in Port Everglades. I just have to figure out how to get to the Jetty at the end of the channel so we can go one afternoon and watch all the ships sail out.

Good Luck!

Sensation 9/98 10th anniv.

Big Red Boat 5/99

Ecstasy 10/00

Destiny 9/01 The week of 911

Victory 10/01

Imagination 12/20/01

Imagination 2/4/02

Zuiderdam 9/6/03 - 15th anniv.

Carnival Legend 11/27/04

Happiness is being on a cruise

with the one you love!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Legend Here We Come 11/27

I am not familiar with the FLL hotels as I have only done this area 1x.

Be aware of one thing: In most major cities the downtown hotels charge an additional fee ($10 or more) per day if you are parking a car. Since we almost always get a car we tend to stay at suburban or airport locations where parking is free and the rates, especially over the weekend, are generally lower.

Also, I see you are traveling next year. Go ahead and book a room now at the best rate you can find. Then keep checking your booked place for better rates and change if needed. Also, priceline will probably not be getting any good discounts this far in advance. In fact, being it is holiday time they may not get any until the very last minute. So, keep your back up reservation and keep trying priceline until you can not cancel the backup without penalty.

Holly

M/S Boheme 11/69

Rhapsody 2/77?

Azure Sea 3/89

Panama Canal 11/90

Mexican Riviera 3/98

Carnival Triumph 12/99

Carnival Spirit 12/01

NCL Dream 11/17/02

Celebrity Mercury 6/1/03

carnival Victory 3/28/04

We stayed at the Marriott Marina through Priceline. But, it was a Garden room and not the Tower. The price you pay through Priceline and a low rate. The room was fine, but not very fancy. They also had a convenient shuttle to the Pier.

<html>

<head>

<title></title>

</head>

<body>

<font color="#FF0000">Grand Princess 2-2001</font>

<font color="#0000FF">Grand Princess 12-2001</font>

<font color="#FF8000">Carnival Paradise 3-2002</font>

<font color="#FF00FF">Carnival Destiny 10-2002</font>

<font color="#008000">Golden Princess 10-2003</font>

<font color="#0000A0">Carnival Legend 6-8-2004</font>

dice.gif

</body>

</html>

Stayed at the Embassy Suites pre-cruise last year. Room was nice and even had a view of our ship on the last morning, was so cool to open up the shades and their she was! They have a nice (free) breakfast buffet in the morning and a happy hour (free drinks and snacks) in the evening. Pool area was great with a waterfall that falls into the pool, kids and I loved it!

Stayed at the Marriot Marina post cruise and it was nice too, but not the perks of the Embassy Suites. It was right next to the water taxi and on the waterway, Embassy was about a 10 minute walk away.

We booked both rooms through priceline last year at spring break. I think we payed about $80 per night at the Embassy and about $50 at the Marriot Marina. We really enjoyed our stay in Ft. Lauderdale, hope you do too!

Julie

Conco~

Hope you did a lot of research in regards to your Costa cruise. Have you been over to their Cruise Critic BB?

My husband and I experienced a 7-day Costa cruise and lived to talk about it! It was absolutely horrible!!

Just a warning...

Carnival Fascination 2/95

Carnival Imagination 02/96

Costa Victoria 03/97

Celebrity Galaxy 01/00

Carnival Destiny 01/02

Carnival Legend 02/04

I booked the Sheraton Yankee Clipper through Priceline for Thanksgiving weekend. I got it at $40 a night.

View my photos at

http://community.webshots.com/user/cuppyb

Voyager of Seas - Canada

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;5;30;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Jewel of Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;11;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2005;1;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

RCCL Explorer of the Seas 1-3-04

RCCL Majesty of the Seas 10-27-03

Carnival Ecstasy 5-26-03

NCL Sky 5-19-02

Archived