butler service

ewh

ewh,

One thing to remember: the butler will be the one who serves all your room service items, so his gratuity is offset by the amount that you would normally (hopefully) tip room service delivery personel. On a TA on Splendour OTS for 14 nights, we were tipping for breakfast and the occassional lunch with each delivery! Totalled more than the "recommended" gratuity amount for the butlers in X suites! Plus, the hassle of having to get the "small" bills for the actual tips was, well, a hassle.

Are currently booked in a suite on the Galaxy TA in December, and can hardly wait!!

Happy Cruisin'

Tim

p.s. Your butler will be your "contact" person for every detail of your cruise. They make for a much more simplified, relaxing cruise experience, while making you feel truly "pampered!"

Hi

I am saying this with sincerity:

A good Butler can make an excellent cruise Outstanding!!! He can make you feel very special and just do all kinds of nice thing. And as much as they are there to make money,, be nice to them and treat them with deference and make them comfortable. I dont remember most of the personnel on the cruises I took over 4 years ago,, but I remember every Butler and their name. So, if this is a first experience, savor it and have a great time.

I was on Princess in Oct 05 in the one and only Grand Suite (PS equiv) without a Butler and although they were very very accomodating, I cant remember a single person on the ship other than capt romano. We had a room steward (female) and I cant remember her... A Butler on Princess would have been wonderful for us but there is no such thing.

Have fun on your cruise, enjoy the Butler

don

Archived