Luggage Storage New York

Transatlanticfan

We are booked for the QM2 east bound crossing on 17th.August 2006

Prior to this we are going to Florida for 10 days via New York. Does anyone know of anywhere we can store a suitcase in New York to pick up prior to boarding the ship.

There isnt really a need for a tuxedo in Florida in August and we could negotiate Newark airport so much mor easily if we are travelling light

Prior to this we are going to Florida for 10 days via New York. Does anyone know of anywhere we can store a suitcase in New York to pick up prior to boarding the ship.

There isnt really a need for a tuxedo in Florida in August and we could negotiate Newark airport so much mor easily if we are travelling light

If money is not an object, you could use Cunard's "White Star Service" They apparently contract through DHL. You can arrange to have a bag (or bags) picked up and delivered to the ship for you. There are rules on things like making arrangements a month beforehand or something. If you can't find it (I'm sure it is on the website and I'm pretty sure it was in my cruise docs book) post again, and I will try to find it for you. I think I remember looking into it (or similar service) and it was a little high, but it depends on the value of convenience and not having to lug extra luggage, not to mention an extra suitcase on most airlines (or an overweight one with formal evening wear) will cost you an extra fifty or 75 dollars. So maybe it is worth it.

Karie

I would book one of the 4* Newark airport hotels on Priceline for one day. Take your luggage over there, drop it off, and then let them know that your plans have changed. You decided to go to Florida (little white lie) instead of staying in their lovely hotel. They should let you leave your luggage for the time you are gone. Otherwise, in Newark, you may be able to call one of the package courier companies (a local company, not UPS, etc.-lots of them in NJ) and have them pick up your bags at the airport, hold them for you and either deliver to the ship or you pick them up when you return from Florida. I would figure either way will probably cost you $100.00 or less, with the Priceline alternative being slightly cheaper (airport hotels are usually about $60.00-70.00).

Archived