When is lobster night on Jewel in Main Dinig Room?

2boyzmom

I was on the Jewell at Christmas (Dec. 25 to Jan. 1) and never did see lobster tail in the main dining room. Lunch and Dinner on the Jewell in either of the two main dining rooms (Tsar's Palace and Azura) was not very good. However, breakfast in Tsar's Palace was very good. This was the first cruise that I was ever on that did not serve Lobster Tail in the main dining room. You can get it for $25 dollars at Gagney's. The only place that I found on the ship that you can get a good dinner for no extra charge is at Momma's Kitchen, they serve good Italian food there, but make reservations early in the cruise if you have a large party. Freestyle is not for everyone. If you like cruising with extended family (10 or more people) and eating together every evening at dinner with good food and the same wait staff, that knows your preferences, NCL Freestyle may not be the way to go. Don't get me wrong, there are a whole lot of people who love freestyle cruising, and it is good that NCL is available for them. Any cruise that I have been on, I have been on with a lot of other family members and we like to share our days activities around the dinner table, with a wait staff that knows our preferences. I did pay the extra $25 and eat at Gagney's Steak house one evening and ordered the fillet, it was the best fillet I have ever had aboard ship. There are (12) restaurants on the Jewel, six of the 12 are pay extra. The free ones are Azura, Tsar's Palace, Blue Lagoon, Garden Cafe, Tango's and Momma's Kitchen. The pay extra ones are Cagney's, Le Bistro, Chin Chin, Shusi, Shabu Shabu, and Teppanyaki. Whether a cruise line is successful or not, depends on us. We vote with our pocket books. If we like something we will be a repeat customer, if we don't we won't. Hopefully they will impove their dinning service before your cruise and you will be able to enjoy lobster tail in one of the dining rooms. By the way you will love the Jewel, it is a very nice ship, the only ship that I have been on that is nicer is the Celebrity Summit.I also want to try Holland America and Princess someday.

RCL - Soverign of the Seas (Christmas 2000)

Celebrity - Summit (August 2002)

Carnival - Jubilee (August 2003)

NCL - Jewel (Christmas 2005)

I was on the Jewell at Christmas (Dec. 25 to Jan. 1) and never did see lobster tail in the main dining room.

The above is the first posting I've seen from anyone that lobster was not available on the Jewel in the main rooms (actually the second, both from the same poster). We were on the Jewel Dec 11-18 and we certainly had lobster in the main dining rooms! Sailaway night was Prime Rib in the main dining rooms and lobster was on the next night-this was also our optional formal night.

We ate early and went to the show. After the show we went to Tangos for a late desert and saw that they were serving lobster there as well. We mentioned to the waitress that we thought it unusual they would serve lobster there and she brought my wife & I each a tail to take back to our cabin. To us, the lobster was much better than it had been a year before on the Sun and it was available in ALL dining rooms on that evening.

Reason, I remember which night it was--the following day we had an excursion in Roatan that included a lobster lunch, it was good but I was stuffed with lobster from the previous evening.

Maybe things (lobster availability) have changed since then, but I think we would've heard more about it if it had.

jmo

-Monte

We were on the Jewel 1/22/06. We ate in Cagney's on lobster night and they served us lobster there complimentary in addition to the regular steak dinner. The rest of my family ate in the main dining room and said they were served more lobster than they could eat.

Archived