Favorite Foods/Dishes on Golden

h2obaby

After reading some of the mostly negative earlier posts on a thread about food on the Golden, I started wondering what I might have to look forward to on my April cruise. I appreciate well-prepared food, and being a creative cook myself, tend to dislike bland and uninspired food. I have read good things about the pizza and burgers onboard, but I don't go on a cruise, or out to dinner here at home for that matter, to eat what I can eat anytime at home. So...that being said, what are your favorite appetizers, breads, breakfast items, soups, salads, meat and seafood entrees, and desserts on the Golden?

Would love to hear from all of the foodies out there! Thanks!

Perhaps I am just easy to please - did not have any problems with food while doing B2B on the Gloden last year. Will be returning in 3 weeks.

As for favorites? Italian night veal chop, Lamb, lobster tails, escargot, the pastas are great. They do a nice spinach salad with pine nuts.

Desserts would have to be the crem brulee & souffles.

I enjoy going up to Horizon Court for breakfast buffet. They have an awesome cinnamon bread.

Enjoy.

I can't vouch for dishes on the Golden...we don't sail her until Aug 06. But on the Dawn last year the food was great...yummy baby lambchops, lobster tail, beef wellington, creme brulee was excellent...fresh sushi at lunchtime, yummy petit fours on the dessert buffet on the Horizon Court...good tasty burgers on the grill near the pool. Excellent clotted cream and jam on the scones during teatime, too! We look forward to this same tasty experience in less than 2 weeks on the Grand.....

Archived