on and off in Southampton?

tartegnin

We're taking a transatlantic in July, and will probably arrive in Southampton sometime around mid-day, when, I believe, we can embark. But if the ship leaves later that day, we'd probably like to stroll around town. Does anyone know whether we can get off the ship again and/or if that's even practical considering 2000+ people will be trying to get on?!

Arrive midday, board around 1pm, get to your cabin and dump hand baggage, say 1.30, get back off to dockside (if they will let you which is unlikely) find a taxi to take you into town, have your walk and get a taxi back in time for boat drill at 4pm. Maybe possible but would you need the hassle.

David

Thanks! Doesn't sound like fun. I guess the next question(s) are: what is the latest we can board and can we dump our luggage when we arrive? I suppose all this will be revealed by Cunard closer to the time, but it would be nice to know so we can plan accordingly. If we MUST board early and stay on board (sigh, what a hardship;) ), then we must ...

Archived