Graycliff Hotel Info Needed

njguy_south

Does anyone have any experience with the Graycliff Hotel? I have reviewed their website and other online reviews, but am curious if any Cruise Critic members can give me some first-hand feedback? As a solo traveler, will I feel welcome, or will I stand out at the pool and in the bar? Are the rooms and bathrooms luxury? Are the rooms easy to access? (I will have 2 large suitcases.)  Anything you can share, even if only about the restaurant.

Thanks,

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Robert ...

I'm a Nassauvian so never actually stayed at Greycliff though I've eaten there often and know the owners, etc.  I have interfaced with many over the years who have been guests there and never heard any real complaints about the hotel.

You will feel welcome ... I can't imagine otherwise.  No-one will think any different of you as a solo traveler - Greycliff hosts businesspeople on solo trips all the time (I've been on the receiving end of many). 

I have no insight as to how easy it will be to schlep suitcases to your room, but it is a bit of luxury property and you should expect to accept assistance (and probably tip reasonably for it).

The restaurant is a grand old dame of Nassau ... it either is or isn't to one's taste.  I love its charm, as a converted residence.  Have never experienced bad service.

Hope this is at least a bit of helpful information ...

Nyloc in Nassau

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just stayed there.  Very beautiful, friendly.  It's an odd experience in many ways but we enjoyed it.  The rooms are lovely as is the pool.  We did not eat at the restaurant other than continental breakfast.  Yes, it may be a trek to get to your room but the staff will happily carry your bags for you.