Do you think I'm nuts

mafiadon

icon_confused.gif I have a cruise booked on the Explorer of the Seas for next April but have been thinking about sailing on the Valor for next April, so I put a hold on a 9A wrapbalcony for the Valor on the 24 of April and have to let them know tomorrow. What would you do if you were me. I realize you can't make my decision for me but would like your opinion. Thanks Linda

Celebration 4/95

Imagination 4/97

Imagination 4/99

Triumph 4/01

Triumph 5/03

Explorer of the Seas 4/17/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;4;14;06;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

It would depend on a lot of things. Are you taking kids with you? I think the Explorer is one of Royal Caribbean's mega liners with the rock climbing walls and stuff like that, so they might like that better. On the other hand the Valor is a brand new ship, which would be nice. I think you have to look at what each ship offers and decide which one fits you and whoever you are cruising with better. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time on either. I just booked the Valor for October '05 today and I'm really looking forward to it.

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess - 3/05

Valor - 10/05

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

We aren't taking any kids and we are all in our 50's. I don't think rock climbing is for any of us old folks. icon_biggrin.gif I realise that RC has the rock wall and ice skating but we don't plan on doing any of that. The ports are the same except we would not be going to San Juan on the Valor and it would give us one more sea day and we would be in St.Thomas from 9am until 8pm. which really interests me. I have a cornor balcony on the Explorer and the cost difference to the Valor is only $30 more so price is not a big factor. Linda

Celebration 4/95

Imagination 4/97

Imagination 4/99

Triumph 4/01

Triumph 5/03

Explorer of the Seas 4/17/2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2005;4;14;06;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

icon_cool.gif

Linda....

All I kept on thinking was how much you loved the wrap around on the Triumph last year!!

Where does the Valor Go? Either way, at least you are cruising.. and have something to look forward to!

Cathy

dolphin.gif

Ecstacy October 1992

Destiny October 1999

TRIUMPH May2003

Our TRIUMPHant Return! May 15th

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

http://community.webshots.com/user/catrin0917

mafiadon quit second guessing yourself. Go on the cruise. Next cruise try the other ship. Then you can compare. If you keep worring about which one to take you'll go nuts! icon_eek.gif Wow! what choices! icon_razz.gif

Take your time and find out all you can about the ship you've picked and have a blast!

1/16/05 Conquest Cruzin' Crazies!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;16;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

http://community.webshots.com/user/logoshoe

Valor all the way, but then again I have never been on RCI yet..not till September with the Hounds.

I would take a sea day and longer in St. Thomas any day than San Juan.

<font SIZE="1">Click here for my Cruise Pics</font>

<font SIZE="1">***PROUD MEMBER O.A.T.C.***</font>

Sensation.gif

royalsmallwide.gif

saintsinners.gif

Miracle.gif

valorvampires.gif

<font SIZE="1">Opinions expressed by the poster are not necessarily the opinions of Cruise Critic or the Independent Traveler.

They might not even be the opinion of the poster, being he may be out of his mind at the time</font>

Atom.gif

Hi - From your second post I think you might like the Valor better. The larger balcony sounds great and she is a new ship. Whatever you decide I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess - 3/05

Valor - 10/05

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Do you think I'm nuts...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We don't know you but with a name of "MafiaDon"...

we wouldn't even venture to answer that in the affirmative!

Aside from that, we'd sail the Valor. The 9A wrap-around balcony is awesome.

Well I would choose the Valor. I like RCL a lot but with the wraparound balcony, having a seaday instead of San Juan, plus it's a new ship, it all sounds good to me! I'm like you, the rock wall, iceskating etc doesn't interest me. icon_smile.gif

Atom.gif

Sensation.gif

Next Cruises! SENSATION 5/6/04 then MIRACLE 2/13/05!

Triumph, Inspiration, Holiday, Explorer of the Seas, Granduer of the Seas, Glory Hounds I, Conquestadors

Archived