Amerisuites

chapdaddy

We are here, the flights were good and the sun is warm. The shuttle was there within 30 minutes, and the driver was friendly. We are waiting for our King No Smoking room, it will be ready in 30 minutes. The lobby is clean as are the common areas. The driver said that the hotel just emptied due to 7 cruise ships and snow-stranded travelers. We were here last year and it looks the same. The exercise equipment, a stepper, treadmill and recumbant bike are not state of art, but do work. There are people in the pool.

So far I am satisfied! By the way we were offered a room with 2 double beds if we wanted one right away and elected to wait. An additional note, the wireless does work, that is how you are getting this. I will post after our two day stay just before going to the ship. Hope this helps those that have reservations.

We are here, the flights were good and the sun is warm. There are people in the pool.

Yesterday and today have been the coldest days of the year in FLL. It's barely above 60 degrees and your saying people are in the pool.... What Amerisuites are you staying at? Fortunately it will be back in the 70's tomorrow and reach the 80's by the weekend.

Yes it is in the 60's and I should clarify..I saw people out around the pool but did not go out there to see if they were actually in the pool. It is a little chilly. Update: Right after signing off we got our King suite. It shows wear but is clean. Our driver said that this area got hit hard by the hurricane and there is 2+ years worth of work to get things back to normal. I would say that they are doing well for being booked full every night. While I was at the counter several calls came in for rooms..Booked Up. Knowing what I now know would I book this motel tomorrow? Yes. This is my .02. Also, very friendly staff so far.

Are you staying at the Airport West location? We have reservations there for April and I’m very interested to hear more. When I made my reservations they said they completely renovated the hotel in 2003. Did they do a good job?

How are you getting from the hotel to the cruise port and what is the cost? THANKS!!

Looking forward to our next cruise . . .

Constellation Oct. ’06 – Western Caribbean

Brilliance of the Seas April ’06 – Panama Canal

Jewel of the Seas Oct. ’05 – Bermuda and Caribbean

Dawn Princess March '05 - Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess '04 (C752 Cabin off back of ship) - Eastern Caribbean

Island Princess '03 - Panama Canal

Star Princess '03 - Mexican Riveria

Grand Princess '02 - Western Caribbean

Enchantment of the Seas '98 - Eastern Caribbean

Archived