a question about flight timing

TheHappyWanderer

We are planning on a trip on the Century this summer, round trip out of Amersterdam. We have not had to connect ship to plane overseas before and are unsure how much time we need to allow. Can anyone tell me if our ship disembarks at 7 am in Amsterdam how much time should we allow to get to the airport and catch a flight back to the States?

Thanks for the help.

Marilee

I have only used the cruise line air once (and then only because of the price.) I find I can book better prices and flights on my own. And by getting there a day or more early I can visit the departure port and get acclimated. Just a personal preference.

Also, on many cruises there are debarkation tours that visit the city and then drop you at the airport.

hello,

I agree that your flight should not be any earlier than 2 PM in Amsterdam. Please note that Amsterdam is one of the world's great cities where English is spoken everywhere and the airport is one of the most modern in the world. And I agree with the idea (if you can) of spending the night in Amsterdam because there is so much to see and do.

Fred

I was on the Century last week. We docked in Miami by 7AM and were off of the ship by 9AM. This would have been nice except that our flight was not scheduled to take off until 3:45 PM , and with a snow storm brewing between Miami and home (Philadelphia), we really wished we had booked earlier flights. A lot of flights were cancelled b/c of the storm, but we were lucky enough to get out and arrive in Phila safe, sound and on time. Next time we will book much earlier flights. Noon or one o'clock should not be unreasonable.

Archived