changes to the Century

TheHappyWanderer

We are considering a trip on the Century this summer....the 12-day Baltic tour. When you go to Celebrity's site to check deck plans and cabins, it only has them pre-drydock. Does anyone know when we'll be able to see what the rooms will look like? We'd like a verandah room, and that is precisely what they are adding....350 of them! So those rooms do not even exist now. It is kind of hard to book a room if you don't know the layout and decks available.

Thanks.

Marilee

Nice flat screen TVs will give more usable space on the desk & over the mini bar. Sure wish we knew more about what happened to the T-pool! :confused:

The bathroom looks nice with the new style basin sitting on top of the counter top.

333064396_Century-bath(Custom)(2).jpg.956df85e237b55100e22da2fd4b2acd7.jpg

I would love to know what the new SV will looke like.

So would I since we will be in one next February! :D I'm sure that someone will post pictures after the drydock and our wait will finally be over.

We booked the "new" Century for June 15th.

Gitte :)

Wonderful!! Could you do some sleuthing and find out about the SV cabins and balconies? :D Which category are you booked into? There is nothing like a first hand report from an "eye witness"! :p

The 2A balconies are on Vista and Panorama Decks.. where currently the Cat 4 and 5 cabins are located. Some of the Cat 4 and 5 cabins will remain Cat 4 and 5.

The entire spa is going to be gutted and the t-pool removed. They are adding some whirlpools, Persian Garden and a Spa Cafe and relocating the changing rooms, salon, etc.

The entire spa is going to be gutted and the t-pool removed. They are adding some whirlpools, Persian Garden and a Spa Cafe and relocating the changing rooms, salon, etc.

Celebrity customer service claims there will be a t-pool after the rennovation even though it is not shown in the latest deck plans.

Our key account manager confirmed the t-pool is being removed, and the new booklets we have indicate the same.

The only thing they could do, is change one of the two pools to a M-class type t-pool.. which is nothing like the present t-pool on Century. However, it's location would not work as it would be located in the main pool area... thus defeating the purpose.

Hi Char -- where did you get the shot of that Concierge Class stateroom? I didn't see it in the brochure that was posted on this thread. Anxious to know more. It looks fantastic.

We're thinking about booking Millie for Mediterranean in 2007, but maybe we'll switch to Century.

Thankfully, I'll get to check out one of those CC staterooms next Jan. on my mini Century cruise.

Hi Char -- where did you get the shot of that Concierge Class stateroom? I didn't see it in the brochure that was posted on this thread. Anxious to know more. It looks fantastic.

Hey Darren :D

I've had that picture for several months now. I posted it a while back on one of the threads about the "new" Century. I have a friend in Europe who is privy to more info than we can get here. ;) It is a mock up of the real thing since those cabin upgrades haven't been made to the ship yet.

Here is the picture from the brochure--the "other view" of the CC cabin.

1295549707_new-century-cabin-4(Custom)(2).jpg.a27c96d0e1686842f50c51f52aef8893.jpg

Our key account manager confirmed the t-pool is being removed, and the new booklets we have indicate the same.

Very disappointed to hear that the t-pool is being removed since that was one of the best features of the Century class. Do you know if they are building a new sports deck with basketball as the new suites are taking the place of the old sports court area?

Very disappointed to hear that the t-pool is being removed since that was one of the best features of the Century class. Do you know if they are building a new sports deck with basketball as the new suites are taking the place of the old sports court area?

Hi Cruisemaster !

I believe they are. I think it was in the original press release, but I am not 100% sure.

I was looking at the new deck plans and don't see any basketball courts--however, that doesn't mean that there aren't any!

I asked my contact in Europe a couple of questions and just got a reply. Here are 2 of them:

Q. Are there any pictures of what the new Sunset Veranda (SV) category cabins will look like?

A. There a not yet any pictures of the new cabins, as soon as we receive the pictures of the Sunset Veranda cabins we will send them to you. We have asked for the pictures and they will send them to us as soon as they receive them.

Q. The Celebrity web site here has the SV category listed at 191 sq ft, but Customer Service says, on the phone, that they will be only 175 sq ft. Do you know the true answer?

A. Our contact at RCCL could not tell us yet what the actual size will be. As soon as they have the actual size confirmed we will tell you.

So we will have to wait a little longer :) I'll post whenever I get more info.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived