We are feeling devastated!!!!!

smurfette

Sorry to hear that lias. But obviusly you are getting on with your lives which is great news. I'm sure it isn't easy.

We have friends who were going to come on the cruise with us. Their 6 y.o son has a brain tumor & originally they were going to come because they felt that they really needed a good break ( & they certainly did - he was diagnosed at 18months & they have spent the last 4 1/2 years doing chemo, physio etc). Unfortunately last Easter, he needed another operation & so now they can not afford to come due to medical expenses. They hadn't booked but was seriously thinking about it. People have no idea how lucky they are until they meet/hear of people who are worse off than they are. We should all thank our lucky stars for what we have, I know I do. I have 3 beautiful, healthy children & can't imagine life without them.

If I could give you a hug right now, I would.

Karen

Good morning Karen,

AS you can see I'm up really early as can't sleep - excited, nervous, everything......

With your friend not being able to afford it - have you thought about contacting radio stations to try and raise money etc. Even having some friends (or church group) to have a huge garage sale and put the funds towards your friends trip. Call P&O and see what bestest price could they do for someone in this situation. Seeming that you only have 43 days to go they may do a special for you. I know thatwhen times are the toughest and you can just have a break and relax and leanr to breathe again it makes a world of difference. I just know from some of our riends in our support group they have had money raised for them to achieve dreams and the whole family has benefitted from the experience. I know that having a sick child is a huge financial burden.

Just food for thought Karen. Have a great day.

Karen,

With your friends why not write a letter to P&O asking if they will help by lowering the cost of one cabin for your cruise, especially if your local community is going to do a fund raising project over the next 30 days.

I know for a fact that the prices aren't nearly as fixed as most people are led to believe...

just an idea.

I had the chicken pox when I was 5 months pregnant and I was so ill. I was lucky that I was as far on and my daughter was formed. She is about to turn 16. I know how hard it was than. The Dr's said that she would have the immunity for the chicken pox but she did get them when she was 10 but not as bad.

Archived