Reggies' tour vs. Cave_Tubing

cjuswin

:p I did cave-tubing.com didn't do the other one, can't say, but my experience.

First, the cave-tubing people do not look professional :eek: - BUT THEY ARE! :D to my surprise. In fact I had a such a great time I wouldn't even consider going with someone else. My shop docked late, and they waited for people. At first this PEEVED ME OFF, because I had gotten off of the ship early... I am sneaky like that.... so we waited..... this was TOTALLY ROYAL CARRIBEANS FAULT AND I WILL NOT CRUISE WITH THEM AGAIN...ok sorry needed to get off the agression...so back to the story.. I am not a happy camper... I find the cave-tubing people and they wait for everyone... while the other people took off... I am really peeved. They take us on a free tour of the city in the meanwhile, while people are still gathering. They are cracking jokes and trying to make us have a good time. So I start laughing.. we get back and we gather the rest of the people... which makes me feel for comfortable anyway, because the cave-tubing people do not look professional if you get what I mean. Turns out, they are totally ligit. and cool.... Also turns out, WE GET TO THE TUBING SITE BEFORE ANYONE ELSE! Even though we waited! The other tours drive SLOWWWWWW, we got there really fast.... we even made fun the tour buses as we passed them by.

We got to go through all four caves. They even carried peoples tubes for them who were tired. They totally looked after us and pampered us. After tubing they took us to the GREAT place which is 5 dollars a plate. TOTALLY WORTH GOING WITH THEM JUST TO EAT THERE. Best food I had all trip! Everyone was laughing with them and having a ball! During the tubing we worried about NOTHING. Our guide even paddled for us. We went further than anyone else on the trail, we got there faster than anyone else on the trail, and we got packed up and back faster than anyone else on the trail, even though we went further! (and had more fun, I think). So are they do look a little cough*shaddy*cough when you see them. :p They are not. I left my money in the bus and it was fine. I don't know what else to say, felt like I got the most bang for my buck... Felt like I had more fun than other people on my cruise.

We used Reggie's tour a couple years ago when 4 of us (hubby, 2 grown kids) were in Belize and it was wonderful. My girlfriend and I are cruzn in a couple weeks and we're using Reggie again. We felt completely comfortable and enjoyed the whole trip. He also "hurried" (sped) to cave tubing before the cruise line excursions and we had a small group (15?) and seemed to be alone. By about the 4th cave we spotted the ship tour and there must have been 60 or more people (yuck) and they were entering the water/cave that was at the end of our tour. We also went through more caves and had a better and more personal trip than ship's tours (we compared notes with others who took ship tour). Our personal items were guarded in vans and there were no issues about that. Reggie and wife were polite and professional and kept aware of our time schedule - no worries. Our $5 lunch was great too and I enjoyed this because we got a taste of the culture as well. I can't compare with other vendors - only that it was better than ship tour. Couple suggestions: wear light weight shorts that can get wet and water shoes and take an waterproof camera. Inside cave turn your headlamps off for a minute - then when you turn back on you can see bats overhead. COOL

Enjoy - we plan to.

Archived