Tender Tickets

Mgetta

On a recent Conquest cruise my husband and a friend had arranged for bonefishing in Cozumel through a private operator. They needed to be off the ship as soon as possible. I told them I'd seen on CruiseCritics.com that although tender tickets would be issued to Carnival excursions first, you didn't really need a tender ticket if you got down there early, that they would just let you go ahead and board the tender. Well, they got down early and sure enough, were allowed to board the tender. The tender took off and my husband quickly realized it was heading AWAY from Cozumel. He asked and found out it was heading for Playa del Carmen for the Tulum and other excursions over there:eek: There were 11 other passengers onboard that were in the same situation as him. He realized he'd missed his fishing trip and thought he'd just have to take the tender back to the ship. But alas, the tender doesn't come back to the ship until about 3:00 when it returns with the Carnival excursions. So they had to take a taxi over to the government ferry and then pay to take the ferry to Cozumel. The seas were rough and all these ferry rides were not fun. And of course they spent most of the day doing it.

So be careful when you try to outsmart Carnival's tender process.

Someone in our group said we should send an e-mail to Bob Dickenson and complain and try to get a credit on our next cruise. Can you imagine how you'd word that e-mail:confused: "Dear Bob, I tried to circumvent Carnival's tender process and really got screwed. It's all your fault. You should realize there's always going to be dumb *****'s on all cruises and therefore Carnival should make sure something like this doesn't happen. "

We were with a group of 21 people and everyone agreed it would probably be the one thing they'd always remember about the cruise. It really provided a lot of laughs through the remainder of the cruise. We could just imagine the look on their faces when they saw Cozumel fading into the distance. And of course they've had to tell the story repeatedly since everyone asks them if they caught a lot of fish.

Archived