big big tip for all upcoming cruisers...

greg randall

It's been going on for almost a year now...we were on the Valor last April and they had it then. Carnival even talks about it on their website and it has been discussed here at length. Sorry you missed it. I'll never get to use it because my wife can't travel without at least 5 suitcases :)!

Mark T

I sailed the Legend 2 times, 2004 & 2005. Both times they had self assist. They announce it alot on the TV and on the PA system. Its a good thing if you need to get off faster.

I used it in 2004. We were off the ship in no time. As already mentioned, it can be alot of work schlepping your luggage all over, but if your in a hurry its the way to go.

Last cruise we mulled it over right to the very end and had the ship handle our luggage and we collected it amongst the many. It was kind of scattered around. I wasnt on mission to get off the ship asap, so it worked out ok. The Legend is out of NYC and I live in NYC, so it was great. We were off the ship around 11AM or a bit thereafter.

My next cruise is on the Valor in July out of Miami. I will definetly use self assist because I have to catch a plane at 1:20PM. Ive heard some nightmare stories about disembarking out of Miami and it taking forever, so Im not taking any chances.

I was just on the Glory on 2/4 and we did the self-assist. I personally did not like it. There was quite a few people doing it and by the time our floor got called to do the self-assist, they had already started calling people that had left there luggage outside the door. For example, the 6th floor was called for self-assist, then not even five minutes later (we are still waiting for elevator to go to 3rd floor), they call the 6th floor forward -green tags to leave. There was actually people with these tags with their luggage in line for elevators and the people that left their luggage outside the night before could just walk down the stairs. I guess it depends on if you are one of the first floors called. I know that called the 8th, then 7th, then 2nd, then the 11th, then they called the 6th.

I think I will just wait it out next time.

Kim

Great Thing about cruising.......SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE !:)

We like the relaxed approach to getting off.....

Putting out the luggage.........

Getting up......going to the Lido for a leasurly breakfast around 8:00...

most of the time we are off the ship by 9:30

Except for that time there was a big drug bust and no one got off the ship till 1:00 pm

Archived