Wind Spirit istanbul to athens 5/20/06

sbost01

This will be the first cruise for me and my husband. Anything that we should know or do others recommend? I know that this is very general but having never been on a cruise, I am not sure where to even start. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

This will be the first cruise for me and my husband. Anything that we should know or do others recommend? I know that this is very general but having never been on a cruise, I am not sure where to even start. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I think the best advise that I can give you is to read these boards. I have learned so much from others members of CC. So many members have cruised extensively and have so much really useful information that can make your cruise the very best.

We also will be cruising on the Wind Spirit this September. It will be our first time on a Windstar Ship, previously we have sailed several times on Holland America, so this will be a whole new experience, a big change from a huge ship, should be fun from what I hear from everyone that has sail on these ships. Have a great time on your first cruise. I still remember the first time I went on a cruise, it was on the Princess Cruise Line. I was like a kid going to Disney Land for the first time, a great feeling. Enjoy:) Shirley

I would really encourage you to go to a Turkish bath. I wanted to go but I was a little afraid I wouldn't like it or I would feel uncomfortable. I got a lot of encouragement to go from 3 couples we met on the ship. I am so glad I went, it was one of the best memories I have of our 2003 Windstar cruise. Istanbul to Athens. We went to the hamam in Bodrum. There website has a good description of a Turkish bath. http://www.bodrumhamami.com.tr.

• 4 weeks later...

Marycang,

I have had several people tell us that the Turkish bath is a must do. Do you advise specifially the Hamam in Bodrum or is it ok to do in istanbul? Just looking for the best most authentic experience possible.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I would really encourage you to go to a Turkish bath. I wanted to go but I was a little afraid I wouldn't like it or I would feel uncomfortable. I got a lot of encouragement to go from 3 couples we met on the ship. I am so glad I went, it was one of the best memories I have of our 2003 Windstar cruise. Istanbul to Athens. We went to the hamam in Bodrum. There website has a good description of a Turkish bath. http://www.bodrumhamami.com.tr.
This a quote from Wind Spirit - Istanbul to Athens thrad

There will be many tours offered to you on the ship. The only one we did on the trip from Istanbul to Athens was the bus trip from Kosadasi to the Roman ruins of Ephesus.

This must be the best preserved site of the Roman empire and is almost 2000 years old. Even if you are not interested in history, the walk through this old city is awsome. Don't miss it!

Archived