Silly Question-Pool on Paradise

fidoprincess

I had posted this on another thread but it got lost so I'm trying it here:

This is silly but I've read conflicting info and am trying to get it straight. One post suggested packing bathing suits in our carry on so when we get on ship, we can eat and then hit the pool right away.

Sounds easy enough but..another post said that the pool is closed that first boarding day and that they don't even fill the pool up until the ship gets to Catalina.

Then they use the water right from the ocean and it is so freezing that you can't really swim anyway. Does anyone know? Was is too cold to swim or was the pool heated?

We will be going in May and already I'm thinking I will be cold. Thanks in advance!

I had posted this on another thread but it got lost so I'm trying it here:

This is silly but I've read conflicting info and am trying to get it straight. One post suggested packing bathing suits in our carry on so when we get on ship, we can eat and then hit the pool right away.

quote:

I think that they mean you can get your tan started on the lido deck. You will find a lot of people laying out soon after boarding. If there is water in the pool hop in.:)

There are many wonderful things about the California coast.

Warm water isn't one of them.

When we were on Ecstasy in August, the water was rather cold.

Regarding the first day: have you ever seen the Long Beach webcam? Do you see a "channel" of water parallel to Queen Mary? That's what's called the Los Angeles River. It's basically collects urban runoff from major parts of the Los Angeles basin, half the San Gabriel Valley, all the San Fernando Valley. Enough streets, parking lots and roofs to house about half of LA County. And that's what they'd use to fill the pool. Be glad that they wait until they're a little farther away from the coast.

There are many wonderful things about the California coast.

Warm water isn't one of them.

When we were on Ecstasy in August, the water was rather cold.

Regarding the first day: have you ever seen the Long Beach webcam? Do you see a "channel" of water parallel to Queen Mary? That's what's called the Los Angeles River. It's basically collects urban runoff from major parts of the Los Angeles basin, half the San Gabriel Valley, all the San Fernando Valley. Enough streets, parking lots and roofs to house about half of LA County. And that's what they'd use to fill the pool. Be glad that they wait until they're a little farther away from the coast.

Yes Because we have 9 million people living here in L.A. city alone then add L.A. County.:eek: Very Very Dirty:mad: Come on So. Cal people Clean up your mess.

And Your very Welcome FidoPrincess

We were just on the Triumph 2-4 - 2-11, when we got on board the pools were already filled, you could certainly go swimming if you wanted to. The pool water was 82 degrees all week. I thought it felt cold on my body when I got in, should have been warmer I thought!:)

Archived