Xpedition Swap from 12/31 to the 12/24??

suzieque

Help! I have 3 cabins booked for the 12/31 cruise (actually 12/29, because it is a 10 nite package). One of my children is just starting a new job that won't roll over his vacation days into 2007. I'd like to switch to the 12/24 cruise, so all of my children could go. Unfortunately, that date is sold out & waitlisted.

What do you think the chances are that I could find 3 cabins who want to switch dates? Chances of wait-list opening up for 3 cabins on such a small ship?? I have contacted my on-line travel agent about this. Do you think I should contact Celebrity too to see if they could ask some people if they are willing to travel over New Year's instead of Christmas??

Suzie

Help! I have 3 cabins booked for the 12/31 cruise (actually 12/29, because it is a 10 nite package). One of my children is just starting a new job that won't roll over his vacation days into 2007. I'd like to switch to the 12/24 cruise, so all of my children could go. Unfortunately, that date is sold out & waitlisted.

What do you think the chances are that I could find 3 cabins who want to switch dates? Chances of wait-list opening up for 3 cabins on such a small ship?? I have contacted my on-line travel agent about this. Do you think I should contact Celebrity too to see if they could ask some people if they are willing to travel over New Year's instead of Christmas??

Suzie

There is something strange about this sailing date. I booked it last July right after I returned from my first trip there,and the first week it was available. All that was left then were300 category rooms.

I thought it strange since few if any of the trips were sold out. We Had 74 on ours. Now although this is Christmas week,this is not a cruise that typically has many children. We had very few and the teenaged girls on board acted very bored.

My travel agent said that either a large group is going or someone left deposits on many rooms and is speculating that they will sell them.

The average cruiser I encountered was 50-70 years old and would prefer to travel at a less expensive time,so I am surprised that the demand was so high then as to sell out last summer.

I don't know how this impacts on your chances but it's some info regarding this date that I have.

Thank you for the info. I have been placed on the wait list for the 3 cabins. I called Celebrity, and asked if they could see if anyone wanted to swap, but they basically said "not their problem, so they can't be bothered"! I wonder if anyone on this board might know of people on the 24th cruise who wouldn't mind going the next week???

If the cabins don't open up, I will just have to go minus one son (but will have to pay for the whole cabin... no single supplement)

Oh well. It is hard to try to co-ordinate the whole family to one free week!!!:-(

Suzie

Suzie - I too have adult children and know how hard it is to co-ordinate vacations.... and job changes always throw a kink into the equation. I can understand Celebrity's position though as it would require a lot of customer contacts to try to come up with 3 clients willing to switch dates.... and they might come up empty handed.

Usually cabins are released close to the final payment date, so hopefully you can make the change at that time, if not before.

I hope you can all make it on this trip:)

Hi! Are your college age kids boys or girls? If we can't switch to the 24th cruise, I will be travelling with my 18 yr. old daughter, 27 yr.old son, 31 yr. old son and his girlfriend. If my other son can come he is 30.

Of course I am still hoping the Xmas cruise will open up so all my children will be able to come.

Suzie

Archived