Malta/Adriatic/Greece Excursions

rizello

Hello:

We are booked on the August 13 Malta/Greek Isles itinerary.  We have booked several paid excursions for the trip, but would love to hear from travelers going before regarding what excursions were worth it, which ones were less interesting, etc.

We booked the paid excursion in Malta for a walking tour in Valetta and Mdina.  Pricey, but looks very interesting.  Curious if anyone else has done it.

I am not sure when the Greek Isles itinerary starts, but if someone has insights on some of the excursions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

On 7/25/2021 at 9:13 PM, rizello said:

Hello:

We are booked on the August 13 Malta/Greek Isles itinerary.  We have booked several paid excursions for the trip, but would love to hear from travelers going before regarding what excursions were worth it, which ones were less interesting, etc.

We booked the paid excursion in Malta for a walking tour in Valetta and Mdina.  Pricey, but looks very interesting.  Curious if anyone else has done it.

I am not sure when the Greek Isles itinerary starts, but if someone has insights on some of the excursions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

On Youtube, Cruise Companions is doing a cruise out of Malta.  The are doing a few episodes about preboarding and anticipation and then day by day vlogs.  Don't know about your cruise so it may not be the same but it will give you ideas about your cruise.  I'm pretty sure they are also first time Viking cruisers 

Can't answer that question but a bit of interesting info. I have heard that Viking and Croatia have agreed we no longer have to go ashore in a bubble i.e. we can do our own thing. Hope so as we are on Oct 3 cruise Venice to Istanbul We found on past cruises that often using something like Trip Advisor we found better and cheaper excursions than offered by Viking. 

Our cruise stops in two places in Croatia - Split and Dubrovnik. Yours may be different of course.