Stingray City/Cpt Marvins question

lyneee

Hi.. I'm sure there's probably a thread already about this, but I can't seem to find it. I'm thinking about booking an excursion to Stingray City and am considering using Capt Marvins. I heard about his tours through CC and was wondering if anyone has any opinions (either good or bad) on this particular tour. Or if there are other similar excursions that are better.

Thanks!!

We've used CM's both times we were in GC, and had a wonderful time. Neither excursion had very many people (15-20), which is really nice. The boat is easy to get on and off (while in the water). The crew is so friendly and helpful. Oh, free punch and water. Can't ask for much more! Have a great time! :)

We went with Captain Marvin's in January and had a great time! Chester, our captain, was great...just a young kid (my 21 yr old dd thought he was 'hot'!) was very, very good with the stingrays and made sure we all kissed it and got a back massage with it. He was very patient with everyone. I would definitely book with them again!:D

Oh...I also went on a Carnival excursion to see the stingrays on my first cruise and going with Captain Marvin's was so much better!

We were just with Capt. Marvin's tour last week and it was wonderful. We say many boats that were packed with people so we were very happy with less than 20 on ours. He took us to places where there were no others and we had the water to ourselves. Also that way at stingray city. We had a videographer on board (2 in fact) and I can hardly wait for it to arrive. He also had water and fruit punch for us anytime. The crew was very patient and helpful. There were some first time snorklers onboard and they all had no problem at all. We carry our own gear but the equipment they had seemed to be well maintained and in good shape. I would do this again in a heartbeat. My grandchildren went last year and loved it to. They were 11, 9, and 3.

Thanks everyone... I feel very confident using CM's now.. I just wish April would get here sooner!!

Thanks!!

Lynne

They have a ship wreck snorkel that I want to do. I know exactly how you feel...but at least you are going in April! I'm going back in December for my 50th!!! Yeah... :) Getting old isn't so bad if you get to vacation in paradise!

You'll love CM's...they are just so nice!

ok....I hear good things about capt. bryans and soto's so I guess they are all generally good. But Capt. bryan seems to be getting bigger, and I want the small time feel it seems Capt. Marvins has. So....I'll go with that...any one been to Capt. Marvins in the last month or so? We're going in april. Are they easy to get to from the pier? Do you pay when you do the tour? If we skip GC I'd like to know we wont pay for the tour. We land 7:00 so will it be ok to book the 9:45?

So many questions.....thanks all:p

ok....I hear good things about capt. bryans and soto's so I guess they are all generally good. But Capt. bryan seems to be getting bigger, and I want the small time feel it seems Capt. Marvins has. So....I'll go with that...any one been to Capt. Marvins in the last month or so? We're going in april. Are they easy to get to from the pier? Do you pay when you do the tour? If we skip GC I'd like to know we wont pay for the tour. We land 7:00 so will it be ok to book the 9:45?

Captain Marvin's is just a short walk from the pier area. Once you are off the ship, walk to your left. They are on the right side of the road (I think the building is yellow). It's maybe a 5 minute walk. We doddled a bit because we were looking at everything as we walked. After the tour, the CM's driver dropped us at Rackham's (for a late lunch), and then we walked back to the ship.

You pay CM's for the tour once you arrive at their shop. If your ship skips GC, your CC will not be charged.

If you have any questions concerning the time, Ruth or Joan at CM's will help you with that. In April, you will be dealing with the time changes (GC doesn't observe daylight savings). It was all clear as mud to me, but they answered all my questions.

We were recently there for a week. We used CM's again and had a wonderful time. We met our tour group at CM's dock and paid for our tour then. They are really a nice bunch of folks, and I can't wait to return. I want to do their shipwreck snorkle.

Scorpiorose.. I just booked the (9:45)10:00-1:00 with Cpt Marvins for 4/18... I emailed them and explained that we are scheduled to arrive at 7:00 and that was the time they seemed to think would work for us. Oh and they said no charge if the ship doesn't make it there, but if it does make it and we miss the excursion, then we would still have to pay.:eek: Also they prefer cash-due at the time of the trip.

Archived