NCL changed checkin status to 80% from 100% and more then locked up!

wacruiselover

I'm booked on the September 4 sailing of the Encore out of Seattle. I did my online check in long ago and finished up section 7 as soon as it was available. Status showed 100%. I registered with Eurofins. I had some difficulty with being able to download the eDocs but had them released by tech support and printed them out. My arrival time was listed at 11:00 - 11:30 and everything looked good.

Now when I check my reservation it shows my status as being 86%. Instead of showing my 11:00 check in it offers me 10:00 - 10:30 (1 slot available) with some afternoon options. I am not even able to accept the recommended (but not ideal) 10:00 time because the system is locked up. Of course their chat system is closed for the night. Any thoughts? Can they really take a confirmed arrival time and change it?

Mine has done the same thing.  I’m wondering if it is my photo.  There is stuff in the background; I may need to submit one where that is completely blank.

And, yes, they can move our arrival times.  It would have been nice to have been notified, though.  I would rather they didn’t.  It’s possible that our arrival times have not been changed at all.  

At least we have time before we get to port.  

I also think there may have been a glitch.  I already have e-docs printed and wouldn’t have known about this.  We probably would have gotten there and they would have re-taken our pictures.  Not expecting it to be anything big.

• Like 1

Same issue... called NCL Customer Service and they said NCL is aware but does not have a fix at this time. When asking about the arrival time versus what's available and getting our original times back they could not guarantee but rather said the system will only show available times... so we shall see.

Ours did the same thing. Called customer service this morning. Nice representative took a look and said everything was done correctly and could not explain what has happened. Recommended I call IT after 9:00 am eastern time. 

• Like 1

Same with our online account...called and there is for sure a glitch and NCL is aware of it. IF you printed out your e-docs with your boarding time, just bring those with you to the port and show up at the time you are supposed to. Don't worry about what your online account says if you have your e-docs. If you do not have your e-docs, call in and have them push them out. 🙂 Can't wait to get on that beautiful ship!

• Like 1

Well things are back to normal for now. Reservations told me all was good since I had printed out my eDocs earlier. Then about an hour ago the check in status changed back to 100% with my previously confirmed times. I could not download the eDocs to check them (happened before too) so I called tech support and they released them for me. Seems that the problem affected only the Sept 4 cruise and was caused by a broken link with the Eurofins server.

I did ask if the same IT group and software was used for the reservation system and the navigation system on the ship and she assured me that they were created and maintained by different folks. I can just see our Alaska cruise ending up on Gilligan's Island. 🤪

It’s like it never happened, now.  Back to showing check-in 100% complete, e-docs are printable again - and boarding time is what I originally picked.

Phew!  And 10 days to go.  Now, just need to find a location for a PCR test before leaving home or the Tampa airport (those are 12 hours apart).  I didn’t see that need coming,  but I will take that step in the off-chance I get COVID before I get to boarding.  Walgreens or CVS is doing drive-through PCR tests near me.